New Photos for C&C Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

photo guy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just uploaded some new photos to my Members Gallery. I tried to upload them here first, however, they didn't take so I put them there. They were taken at the local park on Nov. 11, 2011. Feel free to comment constructively but please try to be nicer than last time with the harshness for not putting them here. I am working on it. The only post processing done was on the deer and bison (auto level) with a photo program that I have. It got rid of the excess amout of light that was in those photos. Thank You

You'll have better luck just hosting them somewhere. Few people will visit your gallery and take the time to go back and forth on each pic after trying to figure out which ones to critique. It's just too much work for us, when you should be the one putting in the most time and effort. Just get a free flickr or photobucket account and post the link.

It's no wonder why I don't like to post on this site too much anymore instead of just helping give people comments or advise. It seems like when I ask for C&C all I get is shot down replies or remarks and noting on photo help so that I can continue to improve. This site was actually helpful to me earlier this year and now it's not since I can't seem to get any feedback on my photos.

If you posted the photos in the actual thread, you might get more responses.

I don't even know how to get to the member gallery on my phone. Go to flikr and upload them there, then post them here and stop whining about it. Use the BBcode and paste it directly into the text box.

Evidentally no one read the whole caption I posted about the posting issue. I said that I am working on it! I would simply like to get some c&c on the photos that I have in the album while I am dealing with the picture posting issue if that is possible please so that I can gauge how I am doing in my photography. If this is too much to ask let me know and I will just stop my membership altogether instead of putting up with the nasty or non-beneficial remarks. Thank You

photo guy said:
Evidentally no one read the whole caption I posted about the posting issue. I said that I am working on it! I would simply like to get some c&c on the photos that I have in the album while I am dealing with the picture posting issue if that is possible please so that I can gauge how I am doing in my photography. If this is too much to ask let me know and I will just stop my membership altogether instead of putting up with the nasty or non-beneficial remarks. Thank You

I can't get to the members gallery on my phone. I would look if I could.

The easiest way I've found to post pictures is too upload them to flickr.com. Then on the picture you want to post go to share then choose grab the code (I think) check off that you want the bbcode. Then copy the bbcode and past it right into the body of the message.

I think that the issue here might be that people would prefer that you ask for C&C on only a couple of specific photos, as opposed to a general request to take a look at a bunch of them.

But, understandably, you want some feedback, and even though you haven't quite figured out how to put the photos directly into the thread, you have taken the time to put your images in the gallery, right here on this forum (yay that it's not facebook!!).

So, how about a compromise of sorts? Can you post the direct web link (so that iphone users can find the gallery - I have trouble with that) to 1 or 2 of the photos you've put into the gallery that you particularly want feedback on?

That would give you some of the feedback you want until you have the chance to figure out how to upload them directly to a thread, but doesn't create inconvenience for the people you want the feedback from.

Now I don't mean to be rude, but I see no disparaging remarks here. It's very difficult to cross reference C&C from the gallery. There are instructions in every section about how to put photos up. get a flickr or photobucket account and bob's your uncle you'll have a way of showcasing yoru photography as well as an easier way to post them here. People are only trying to help and by being over sensitive will just make those who try to help be less willing to do so in the future.
Here's the link (although it's above your post)
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...forum-functions-pictoral-guide-using-tpf.html

Wow. What help you get her is free of charge and people take their TIME-and it's not an inconsiderable amount of time that goes into CC-to do it for you. It's HARD to go back and forth from a post to the gallery and cc. You are flipping pages and flipping back and typing... It's just plain not easy to do.
I am sorry if the fact that we don't have to do whatever you want however you want is offensive to you. You were very nicely told why you won't get much feedback this way and how you will get better feedback. If that is offensive then you probably are going to have a real problem with any forum.

You have 9 images in your gallery. It takes me about 3-5 minutes to C&C one image, assuming the image is in the post. Add another 2 minutes to flip back and forth between typing and viewing. I'm not spending over an hour to C&C your images when you can't take 5 minutes to sign up for a photobucket account and upload. Rude is expecting us to do your work for you.

I am only asking for C&C on the specific photos that I posted there earlier today now and not all of them. My next step for the photos is to put them on a photo site so they can be viewed easier via link. Until I get that done all I am really asking for is for some comments on the photos that I have uploaded in the gallery so I can see how I am doing and what could be changed. I already post some other photos on a couple of other forums that are easier to upload on and have actually gotten some nice feedback. It seems right now that no one wants to take the time to do that and just put up remarks saying it is too time consuming to do that. How is anyone supposed to learn if they can't get help or positive feedback since no one wants to view them and just complain. Thank You

I am only asking for C&C on the specific photos that I posted there earlier today now and not all of them. My next step for the photos is to put them on a photo site so they can be viewed easier via link. Until I get that done all I am really asking for is for some comments on the photos that I have uploaded in the gallery so I can see how I am doing and what could be changed. I already post some other photos on a couple of other forums that are easier to upload on and have actually gotten some nice feedback. It seems right now that no one wants to take the time to do that and just put up remarks saying it is too time consuming to do that. How is anyone supposed to learn if they can't get help or positive feedback since no one wants to view them and just complain. Thank You

You can get positive feedback if you post how you are supposed to post. Post the pictures here, get feedback, plain and simple. If you choose not to do this then it is YOUR fault that you aren't getting any C&C because you've been told many times. It takes a couple minutes to upload them to a hosting site and it is very simple, I'll wait until they are posted here then I'll give you feedback.

OK, I took the time to look at the photos posted yesterday. Not sure what kind of CC I can give, they look like snapshots at a local zoo. All seem a bit soft, the cougar is very flat lighting and might be improved with a composition change leaving room in front of it instead of behind it showing the concrete.block area.
I can see what you were trying to do with the bison shots and the reflections, but without sharpness and better lighting they don't work beyond being considered snap shots.

In a park you can't control the lighting, so try to go when the light is more ideal, early at opening or near closing time. Work more on compositions so not everything is centered in the shot givng the images something more than a snap shot look. It's really important to nail the focus on the subject, then recompose your shots for interest.

And don't complain when folks try to help you get more comments on your photos. Post them properly or at least post a link to the specifi members album to make it easier for folks to find what you are doing. It's not hard to do, copy and paste the url from the members gallery you posted in.. New Photos taken at local park on Nov. 11, 2011 - The Photo Forum Photo Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back