New Photos

Shutterinsect

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went shooting with my photography class on Saturday...

DSC_0342-2.jpg

DSC_0345.jpg

DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0426.jpg

DSC_0430.jpg

sorry they just seem to be lacking much focus to me try to crop number 5 to where its just the pictures and then black and white....just a thought....

yeah I agree with rdmdza
I feel like you were just walking around happen to take a photo at different points during your walk. Maybe try getting closer or getting lower or higher angles, so it doesn't look like you were just standing.
like 1 could be interesting if you were down shooting up,
or 5 if you shot along the paints and maybe just had that center one in focus, playing a little more with depth of field.

I guess what I'm trying to say is play a little more with what your doing, nice start though.

I thought #5 had a lot of potential. I would watch your background if you can.

I played around with 5. Cropped it and upped the exposure.
3250047680_21975ca371_o.jpg

I actually like # 1 alot, probably would have tightened up the shot a bit though. They all seem a little dark - in particular # 5

I like the first shot - nice candid\street type shot. Even though the horizon is out of focus in #3 I still like it. Call it my dark side, but there is something that appeals to me in #4 with the crows in the tree. I like the crop someone did of #5, but then it becamse just a photo of artwork. I like your original better for it tells more of a story [park setting with an outdoor art gallery]. #6 seemed underexposed and I would have liked to have seen the entire ramp to the ferry. #2 ....doesn't do anyhting for me.

2, 4, & 6 seems under exposed, or is the sun behind the subject?

take a look at #6, it's hard to see details on the boat, and the banner on #6 is pretty distracting.

typically pictures dont' turn out too well if you're taking them while facing the sun. you'll be shooting the subject on their shadow side. if you have to shoot them from this angle, for portait, try to use some fill flash.

i wish i could see more details on the tree on 2&4, but maybe you're going with a ink block kindda look, but they just look kinnda generally dark.

#3, i wish i can see less of that wall and more of the sea, and have the sea more in focus. it's not that sharp at the moment

#1 is kindda really snap shotty, and lighting's not great

It's apparent either my photography sucks the big one or hardly anyone on this board likes what I like to shoot. It's dragging me down so much I don't think I will post photos here for awhile.

Having lots of stress at my new job...that's dragging me down too.

It's apparent either my photography sucks the big one or hardly anyone on this board likes what I like to shoot. It's dragging me down so much I don't think I will post photos here for awhile.

Dont let comments on here get you down or keep you from shooting. Remember that its just a few peoples opinion of your work. Not everybody is going to like what you do. Nor are you going to like what everyone else does.

Change 4 over to black and white and you have a winner there. The others all have potential its just a matter of recropping or other small adjustments.

wow seriously man grow a skin a bit....i take a lot of photos people dont like. move past it its fine youre not going to make everyone happy you just have to work at this and keep posting and keep going at it getting advice and different ways to look at things perhaps to look at and change. if you like your photography in my opinion thats all that matters i really dont care if anyone like what i do as long as i do. i mean what did you just buy an expensive camera and expect gold to come out of your memory card? learn your camera learn about different things in photography and enjoy it if you go about it trying to make everyone happy give up now because you wont. at the end of the day photography is still an art just like painting (in my opinion) and honestly i think the mona lisa is a p.o.s. but a lot of people like it. i like my photos and some people dont get over it or sell your camera is the best advice i can give you

I also personally don't see much in these shots here, but then we all make lots of crap shots (or at least I do - 90% of what I shoot is junk). I haven't taken any shots that I would consider to be "good" in the past 2 months or so. Don't take CC personally - its all subjective and you seem to be pretty new to photography, you'll improve over time. Don't stress out and just have fun :)

I have and still kind of am in your place...I take things a little personal when I try so hard at something thinking I am going to get good feedback from it and when I dont...ugh, I just want to say forget it...maybe it isn't for me. But, I think you took some great shoots...take the peoples advice and go out and try again. :) Post them and lets see! :)

I have and still kind of am in your place...I take things a little personal when I try so hard at something thinking I am going to get good feedback from it and when I dont...ugh, I just want to say forget it...maybe it isn't for me. But, I think you took some great shoots...take the peoples advice and go out and try again. :) Post them and lets see! :)

Its easy to take personally but it shouldnt be. Especially on an internet forum. Its much easier to critique something here with a certain ammount of anonymity involved. Some people take their comments to a whole different level (read rude/short/crass whatever) but to be honest its better than getting good shot, great shot, nice, I like it, or whatever generic feedback. When I first started posting images on a forum there was one person that was very critical of my shots. At first I took it personal then I refocused that hurt into motivation. My goal became to post an image that at some point that person that was sooo critical of my shots would go Damn, nice shot. It took me almost a year of shots but when it happened it was well worth it.

The 2nd one could be made to look pretty cool with some artistic PS adjustments.

3rd one is very nice, my favorite

4th is cool, but I like the adjustments that the previous poster made.

The rest look like snapshots to me.

PS- don't be discouraged! Not every image you take will be outstanding, but as you grow and learn, more and more of your photos will stand out. If you love it, keep doing it. You do have some nice images.

Most reactions

Back