New pics/comments K3MKIII

When I upgraded to the K1MII, my intent was to sell the K3II, but here I am over a year later, and I still have it. Love the full frame, but as a carry camera the K3II wins hands down. If the MIII versions is any improvement at all on the II it will be one sweet body.

I am interested in the K3III. I especially like the new limited focal lengths. I would have to sell some gear if I do it. Really love the controls and the look of the ergonomics. Its tough to have huge hands. I hope they make a new film k mount film camera (rumors) and I would definitely go for it.

The K3III will be a definite upgrade to my current K-70/K-7 cameras. I've the money put aside, but, as usual, I'll wait for the more responsible reviews(which will take a while). A new film camera would be interesting, but I'm curious what form it would take . I was using my Minolta a9 yesterday, which as far as I'm concerned has every feature I need. If they just rip the guts out of some digital, and leave all that you-don't-have-to -think anymore S/W, I doubt if I'd be interested. Not why I shoot film. BTW, I have the same hand size problems :).
Technically there are new film cameras being offered. Kodak Has the M35 Retro in all sorts of cute colors. Lomography offers the new re-issues of the LC-A(120mm) and the LC-Wide(35mm) for around $450. I'm actually considering the LC-A. This one has an excellent glass lens, Auto Eposure, Zone Focus etc.

Last edited:
The K3III will be a definite upgrade to my current K-70/K-7 cameras. I've the money put aside, but, as usual, I'll wait for the more responsible reviews(which will take a while). A new film camera would be interesting, but I'm curious what form it would take . I was using my Minolta a9 yesterday, which as far as I'm concerned has every feature I need. If they just rip the guts out of some digital, and leave all that you-don't-have-to -think anymore S/W, I doubt if I'd be interested. Not why I shoot film. BTW, I have the same hand size problems :).
Technically there are new film cameras being offered. Kodak Has the M35 Retro in all sorts of cute colors. Lomography offers the new re-issues of the LC-A(120mm) and the LC-Wide(35mm) for around $450. I'm actually considering the LC-A. This one has an excellent glass lens, Auto Eposure, Zone Focus etc.

I have the A9 as well, brilliant camera. I am taking it on vacation with 12 rolls of portra 400, doubt I shoot that many but better to be prepared. I will bring the 19-35 (Tamron), 35-70, 100 macro, and the 100-400 apo. Driving this year, so get to bring as much as I want. Florida here I come in mid April.

Really love the controls and the look of the ergonomics. Its tough to have huge hands. I hope they make a new film k mount film camera (rumors) and I would definitely go for it.

JC I have fairly large hands as well, Pentax has always seemed to fit me better than other brands.

One of the biggest advantages of the brand is the forward/backward compatibility of the K mount. Some of my favorite lenses for the K1MII are a few of the old legacy lenses from the film era, which mount up without an adaptor. Likewise newer glass (With an aperture ring) will work on my ZXM or older 35mms with the K mount. Just my thought but having a film camera with all the bells and whistles of the digital era seems inconsistent with the appeal of using film.

Really love the controls and the look of the ergonomics. Its tough to have huge hands. I hope they make a new film k mount film camera (rumors) and I would definitely go for it.

JC I have fairly large hands as well, Pentax has always seemed to fit me better than other brands.

One of the biggest advantages of the brand is the forward/backward compatibility of the K mount. Some of my favorite lenses for the K1MII are a few of the old legacy lenses from the film era, which mount up without an adaptor. Likewise newer glass (With an aperture ring) will work on my ZXM or older 35mms with the K mount. Just my thought but having a film camera with all the bells and whistles of the digital era seems inconsistent with the appeal of using film.

Yes sir, I'd be happy with a manual k mount film camera. Aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. Wouldn't hurt to have exposure comp but I wouldn't mind if it didn't. Just a 100% view manual SLR.

I have the PZ-1P, which is also a great camera. I've always stayed away from the MZ-S because of the fragility of the plastic mirror motor gear. They replaced it with a brass one starting with Serial# 5XXXXX, and if my Z-1P ever bites the dust, I'll probably try this one to keep an AF focus film Pentax in my collection.

@Joel Bolden The K1000 was a workhorse that served me well for many years. My last and final film upgrade was a ZX-M, which still does the job, but isn't constructed with the same tank like qualities of the K1000.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back