What's new

New pics from today for C&C

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
49
Location
Arkansas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I honestly think that I am getting better. I find that I am taking less pictures with not having to throw away so many. But that is only sometimes. I hit down spots like everyone. I took these today. Let me know what you think.

No PP on the bridge picture.

Which PP of the flower do you like? The color one has no PP done to it.

Thanks Guys!

Eric

PictureorVideo113.jpg


PictureorVideo117.jpg


PictureorVideo118.jpg


PictureorVideo119.jpg


PictureorVideo120.jpg
 
The SOOC ones are really good for being just out of the Camera.

For the bridge shot, the only problem that I see is the leaf blocking the bridge. Everything else I really like!

For the flower shot I would personally chose the SOOC version and make those colours pop out the of the picture.

Good job.
 
Thanks a lot. I don't know what SOOC means though. As for the bridge shot, you aren't missing anything. The tree line blocks that portion of the bridge anyway. It's a really cool old swinging rail road bridge. I'll try to get some whole shots of it up.
 
SOOC means Straight Out Of Camera.

I see..I guess the leaf block the bridge just made me wonder what was behind it.
 
Oh ok. I will see if I can PP the colors a bit to make them pop more.
 
Definate progress...nice job!

I'm not a fan of the flower picture as the middle is not sharp, which it needs to be for this type of photo. Out of all the styles, I prefer the colour as this is what is important in the flower.

As for the bridge, moving slightly to your right would of put that upper tip of the leaf in a dead space area in the bridge and thus not blocking it as much as it is in your photo. Maybe even shooting from a bit higher up and tilting the camera downwards, which would of helped cut out the sky, which is just empty space here. Its an ok sky, but not adding much to the image, and should be ok to remove it some.

The lower edges of the leaf are not in focus. The focus point seems to be on the wood.

Great composition overall on this one though, I do like it. I love the texture in the wood
 
Thanks for the c&c big. You always give good advice. I may try to retake the flower picture. I had to use a relatively slow shutter speed because it was getting dark.
 
I prefer the composition of the first... but holy sharpness batman!

Nice job getting that down. did you do any other post processing on the image or was the light hitting the flower different, thus allowing for a faster shutter? Or did you use a tripod?

But yeah, nice job! And good on you for taking the feedback and making it work
 
wow, im digging the first picture, awesome job!, i didnt find the leaf to be in the middle of the bridge, i think it was there as the main subject and back bridge still has enough place to be "known"
 
I prefer the composition of the first... but holy sharpness batman!

Nice job getting that down. did you do any other post processing on the image or was the light hitting the flower different, thus allowing for a faster shutter? Or did you use a tripod?

But yeah, nice job! And good on you for taking the feedback and making it work

I also prefer the comp of the first one but unfortunately the flower no longer looks like it did. It has began to wilt and droop. I did a little PP on that image. I only have Microsoft office picture and fax viewer, so I couldn't do much. I jus t played with the contrast, saturation, and midtones. No tripod. EXIF was 1/160, f5.3, ISO 100, 66mm. I will post the origional also, so you can see it. I think it looks good too. Maybe someone could crop it and try to make the comp better.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom