New picture

Josh220

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was just poking around my girlfriends yard looking for interesting things, and I liked how this drew the eyes in with it's natural lines. Almost giving the "zoom" effect. Let me know what you think, C&C welcome.

20090711-_DSC0833.jpg

Interesting but I am not sure if anything is in focus there.

No I did see when you said u liked the zoom look so maybe that is what you were going for but I would still like one spot to be in perfect focus

i like it i think the closest flowers are in focus enough that with the rest of the image one cant even tell

DOF might be way too shallow...nothing looks in focus. Maybe some camera shake?

It's a neat image...very abstract. If the two closest flowers were in focus and sharp and maybe had a little more contrast I think they would really jump off the page.

Only the center was supposed to be in focus. The two in the middle look in focus to me.

Thanks for the comments/critiques.

ya...nothing in focus...u using auto or man focus?

Autofocus on the middle 2 flowers with a 50mm f1/4 lens. I think the surrounding flowers are so blurry that it makes the middles ones look blurry to most people as well.

I like it. the middle two are in focus. I believe the pic just appears to distort the focus in the center.

I like it. the middle two are in focus. I believe the pic just appears to distort the focus in the center.

That was my thinking as well. The 2 in the center are focused, but with the blur and lines around them it deceives the eyes into thinking the entire image is OOF. I got the look I was going for, but next time I may have to open my aperture a little more so it's more obvious that the focus is in the middle of the image for those who have difficulty tracking what is in focus and what is not.

I think that was shot at the minimum (1.4) so I'll try 1.8 or 2.X next time.

The two flowers in the middle might look more in focus if they were a little sharper...they're kinda soft.

Most reactions

Back