New River Gorge, WV

n2photos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
We finally had a nice weather day! :D We took full advantage of it and took our girls out for a picnic and sight seeing. Had the best time! Got some photos I was pretty proud of and wanted to share. It was getting pretty late in the evening when I took these shots. If only spring were here and we had some green going on. I am thinking this photo would be awesome in the fall when the leaves change colors. But gotta settle for bare trees today. Take what I can get. Glad to just FINALLY be outdoors.

Hope you like these. NO photoshop editing only added the borders and text.

Thanks for looking!!! :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thanks!!!!
Yes that was a kayaker and the it is PRETTY BIG!!! lol
The Bridge has it's own BRIDGE DAY which is a huge deal. They have bungie jumping and parchuting and major events that day and ONLY that day. The New River Gorge Bridge is pretty famous for that.

Here are a few more pics from our day yesteday.
After seeing the kayakers I had to get down there and get a couple while on the smaller rapids. Not a 100% focused by I got there barely in time to catch this one. ( Winter has me a tad outta shape...yeah winter, blame it on the winter :lmao: )

This is Summersville Dam before you get to The New River. And wow did they have the water level LOW. I don't ever remember it this low.

Hey Ray if you ever get a chance to come to WV FALL is the perfect time and really beautiful. My favorite time!!

Thanks for looking.

8.jpg

7.jpg

Thanks digital flower pics!
That's the lowest I have even seen the water down there.

nice compositions, i really enjoyed these shots... especially the first three, i may be tempted to crop some of the gray sky off the third, but that's just me, and i like it anyway! :thumbup:

Thanks sooo much JTHphoto and WildBill.

I have been playing around with the colors some. I wanted to try and make the colors a little more bold. And yeah the sky was a bit much for me too. I chopped it instantly when I sat down and played around with them a bit. Here is the one of the dam where I played around with the levels some.

Do you like this one better or the original?

SumDmSig2.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!;)

n2photos said:
Thanks sooo much JTHphoto and WildBill.

I have been playing around with the colors some. I wanted to try and make the colors a little more bold. And yeah the sky was a bit much for me too. I chopped it instantly when I sat down and played around with them a bit. Here is the one of the dam where I played around with the levels some.

Do you like this one better or the original?

Thanks for looking!!!;)

The crop is good but I think you lost some of the color to me.

Most reactions

Back