Milky Way depot

What a great looking place for photos and the MW only enhances it. Very nicely done and I am very appreciative of your efforts!

Thanks!

It is a great shot and the possibilities for compositing the second shot to the first are there, but in either case, I was almost more drawn to the train station that the MW. In this edit, I toned down the foreground color and brightness to still show the charm of the building but to give more emphasis to the sky. As always, an edit is just another eye with the grace of hindsight.

View attachment 193459

Thanks. I love to see other people’s takes on things like this. I’m still a newb at LR and PS having just started using them in March.

Might I suggest you make a very inexpensive purchase ($39) of Tony Kuyper's Photoshop Essentials video series. Step by step, panel by panel, trick by trick, the best basics program I've ever seen.

The video is where you can be, certainly not where you will start...Sean Bagshaw is Tony's front man.

Video Samples

Might I suggest you make a very inexpensive purchase ($39) of Tony Kuyper's Photoshop Essentials video series. Step by step, panel by panel, trick by trick, the best basics program I've ever seen.

The video is where you can be, certainly not where you will start...Sean Bagshaw is Tony's front man.

Video Samples

Thanks for the tip. I’ve really only used Lr so far. I’ve ventured into PS only twice since I got it because the LR cloning and healing tool are so poor.

" cloning and healing tool are so poor." The best practical advice I can give you is to forget the trick tools until you know all the tools, panels and how to use layers and layer masks to their fullest measure...this is not a hard program to learn despite all the horror stories...they exist because they saw PS as a magic show, which it is not - though in the right hands, much magic can be accomplished.

Most reactions

Back