New shots from my new Dslr C&C please :D

photonewbie86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all like in the post I had a few days ago I got my new canon rebel csi and so I thought ID sow you all a few shots that I took in raw then processed in photoshop. Thanks all for the advice and comments as always :)

prettyflower.jpg

flowerhand.jpg

dandellion.jpg

Thanks again all and I'm new to PP also so any advice would be appreciated thanks again

number 2 has a nice contrast between the delicate flower and the rough hand.

I like #2,Great color in it. I think it really fits the shot and i keep looking at it lol. Love how the DoF came out in #3 tho a little noisey on my screen. #1 looks like the focus is just a little off and maybe some shake. I like 2 a lot,

Number two is GREAT! I really like it it alot and the depth of field is great. 1 and 3 seem to be lacking in detail for that type of shot to me.

did you by ne chance play around with 2 and try bumping up the saturation of the flower while leaving the hand a bit desaturated? Just an idea might look nice... or hideous lol ya never know

I like #3 the best. The focus seems off in the first photo. I would like #2 a lot more if I didn't have a detailed view of your thumb and finger, because I can see that you bite your nails.

Thanks for the comments guys I appreciate it and I tried bumping up the saturation on the hand but it looked to cartoony if you will..

I like #2 as well but I'd crop some of the black space off the right and top.

#3 needs some noise reduction.
My method is making a duplicate layer in photoshop and I apply an aggressive noise reduction to it which tends to obliterate some detail. I then go in and erase parts of the layer that I want to come out sharp.

For example, in a portrait with shallow DOF: Layer - Duplicate layer - filter, reduce noise. I preserve maybe 20% of the detail, depending on the noise levels. I then make the original (background layer) invisible. I erase parts of the noise reduced layer, in this case the person and when I'm done I make the background visible again and flatten the image or merge the layers. Works well for me.

Good luck, glad to see you're using your Fuji replacement. Don't forget about that though, it's a nice p&s.

eh thats the thing with close photos and fingernails... Try a chefs hands at work. Some things should not be frozen in time lol

eh thats the thing with close photos and fingernails... Try a chefs hands at work. Some things should not be frozen in time lol

My hands are terrible (ex-Marine Corps and ex-diesel mechanic..) so yeah, I keep them out of my photos :)

I think it's an interesting contrast in #2 though (well, a it's a stretch, but kind of) and it doesn't take away from the image really.

Someone posted a wedding photo here with the bride and groom's hands filling the frame. That's more of a case where you want your nails to look good..

Yup on the wedding hands!
ex-deisel mechanic? Have you gotten the 5th wheel grease off you yet lol?

Yup on the wedding hands!
ex-deisel mechanic? Have you gotten the 5th wheel grease off you yet lol?

The worst is the bottom end of the engine. When removing the main crankshaft caps to change bearings... my goodness. The smell is horrible and amazingly distinct. Not to mention the oil dripping all over you as you do the job..

But we're getting super off-topic now.

But back to the hands and plantlife thing.. someone posted someone holding a flower with dirty hands while they (or their spouse or something) were gardening. The gritty dirty hands thing works sometimes pretty well. Bitter Jeweler posted a few pics of him working on jewelry with his gnarly metalsmithing hands and that worked well also I think.

Reznap I remember that picture so I see what your saying just thought the contrast between the two were interesting IMO anyways

Most reactions

Back