New Stuffs! Lee Big Stopper, Tokina 11-16/f2.8

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by pthrift, Jan 19, 2015.

1. pthrift

pthrift No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So I recently sold a camera and a couple other things on ebay and took the cash and reinvested it into more gear. I got a really good deal on a Lee Filter foundation kit+ the Big Stopper, and I picked up a used copy of the Tokina 11-16/f2.8.

I've taken a couple shots here and there but with working and with a flu outbreak in my home, I haven't had much opportunity to take many shots with it.

Went down to Myrtle Beach over the weekend though to have some engagement/family photos taken & took my gear with me for the trip.

CC welcome, I have only one of these I really love, the rest you couldn't tear down any further than I already have.

1.[​IMG]Atalaya Castle
    by patrick.thrift, on Flickr
    This is my favorite of them all, no filters here. The sky was way overblown (wish I had bought a GND before the trip now) and I did my best to bring it back down in post without killing the image. Wound up making a digital GND in camera raw to take the exposure way way down.

2.[​IMG]Atalaya Castle
    Again with the way overblown sky. I couldn't get it right with my current skillset in photoshop. I want to love this.
    I do not. Is the flare common with this lens? I didn't feel like I was shooting directly into the sun, but I am -obviously- wrong. No hood on the lens, would that have helped?

3. [​IMG]Dry Docked
    I only like this one because of how close I could get with the wide-angle. If it weren't for the fact that I took it at 11mm, it probably would have made it into the circular file instead.

4.[​IMG]Springmaid Pier
    I've done this shot before, but not with the Lee Big Stopper nor with anything wider than 18mm. Its not a particularly inspired image. I feel like I need a lot more practice with that big stopper to really get a good feel for it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SquarePeg

SquarePeg hear me roar Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Have not had flare issues with this lens. I do use the hood. In this case I think the flare adds a little sometching to the shot. I like the boat as well.

3. pthrift

Photos OK to edit
    Good to know about lens; maybe it was a fluke with a tough lighting situation.

Thanks for compliment

4. pthrift

Photos OK to edit

Primetime bump