New to all this :) - First photos for C.C

L.J

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
G'day everyone :)

I've just recently picked up my first DSLR (Nikon D3000) and I know I have so much to discover, and whilst I'm hesitant to put images up for C.C I know it's probably the best way to learn :) I haven't touched these in post (except to resize for easy upload/download)

So any thoughts on these would be great thanks!

Saw this little guy hanging
hangin.jpg

I love golf
golf01.jpg

My little dog was getting in my face whilst I was in the car so I snapped this quickly to see how the auto function works

tikaimpromp.jpg

love the 3rd pic. Nice colour balance and lovely dog. However I might take it with a shallow depth of field but that just me :)

I had a vision...

What if... You took the first one... re-croped it a bit... adjusted the white balance and enhanced the color a bit... Something like...

hangin.jpg
That looks great!

The golfball one is a neat idea, but I think a color enhancement might liven the picture up.

And I love your dog (Poms! <3)

I think these are quite nice considering that you are just starting out. Remember to stay eager to learn more, as there is always more to learn. Thanks for sharing!

^ Thanks! I've been trying to do different things each time I go out just so I can discover ways to get the best image :D this is purely a hobby for me :mrgreen:

I had a vision...

What if... You took the first one... re-croped it a bit... adjusted the white balance and enhanced the color a bit... Something like...

hangin.jpg

I like that!
I've decided once I work out how to use my camera I'll start re-learning how to use photoshop (I've not used it in at least 6 years, instead I've been using only basic image editors)

I really like the golfball! (Simple things!) but it looks like the weather was so-so.

Thanks! the weather was crappy but it was the first day I had the camera and I had to play in a competition so I couldn't resist getting the camera out after the game.

Everything is centered. You might try reading up on the rule of thirds.

Great tip thanks!

Thanks for the kind words everyone I'll keep experimenting! :thumbup:

Yes! with the cropping the image got better...
coz the leafs at the back were some how distracting and also for the empty spaces in the right side of the image, better to remove it to clearfiy your subject

keep it up :)

Woo the contrast really made the grass pop! :D

I think i like the original best. I do like the extra contrast on the edit but its at the expense of the background. By the way that dog is so photogenic but an interior of a car isn't the best background imo.

I think i like the original best. I do like the extra contrast on the edit but its at the expense of the background. By the way that dog is so photogenic but an interior of a car isn't the best background imo.

I agree, it was just a quick edit. I was just showing how to make the picture go Pow.:headbang: You could easily lighten up the background.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back