New to Flash C&C sb900 d90

SethAlbritton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First attempt with my flash. Blown out some places on accident, but I don't think it ruins the pics. They could have been better. I've been taking pics 3 months now. I'm still new, so I forget to think of everything when I look the the hole, so give me some knowledge. Been doing work free and averaging three paying jobs for every one free job. My advice is use face book and tag people. It's really been helping me out. You guys probably already know this. Any way, drop some knowledge on me. These were shot through an umbrella

DSC_0693.jpg

DSC_0762.jpg

DSC_0621.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

I could honestly see #2 in a magazine. It looks great. The last one was a good idea, but looks over exposed. Can you maybe lower the contrast with photoshop?

I really like number 2, tho. A hound on houndstooth. Perfect. :lol:

Man I overexposed his fur bad. I tried making a mask around him and lowering the contrast, midtones with curves, and the exposure but couldn't bring any detail back in.

I'm also shooting jpeg. I know I need to switch to raw, but I just don't feel like watching the lynda tutorials. There to freaking boring.

Thanks for the compliments too.

I'm starting to take pictures of the dogs at the pound and making a website for them to hopfully help out.

there is no big deal shooting raw, you just get more slidders in photoshop or lightroom :D:D

great shot btw

it's raw that allows you to expose correct if you underexpose right? Is that the main feature that makes it so good or no

it's raw that allows you to expose correct if you underexpose right? Is that the main feature that makes it so good or no

Yup, you got alot more flexibility when post processing,
you can also change white balance and a few other thing, the difference between you shooting raw and jpegs is that you will need to install a raw plugins so you can see the files, you open them in photoshop like you open a regular jpegs. when your postprocessing is done, you just have to export the image as a jpeg and while specifying dpi/quality and stuff like this but basicly its the same.

I really like the second and third ones :) Cute and funny ^__^

As stated, the second one could seriously be in a magazine! Its really good!

The first one looks too much like it was artificially lit, which can be good, but I dont think it works for this shot.

And the last one is a really good concept, the composition is great, the tilt is really cool too! The only problem is that its badly overexposed =\ If you could redo it though, it would be really cool!

Keep up the good work!

1 is great! Love the lighting. I just wish my dogs wore sunglasses :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back