New to Forum, Hello and C&C

Bo4key

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just wanted to say Hello to everyone and introduce myself. I recently bought a DSLR for my wife and I to take photos of our children but fell in love with photography. It's been about six months since I've been playing around and would love some C&C to help myself improve.

Here's a sample of a couple of the shots I've taken

1)

Apricot Blossom by Boaketography, on Flickr

2)

Red by Boaketography, on Flickr

These were shot with the kit lens

Hi!

Great focus and DOF. Learn to compose the subject off-center. Composition is 7/10ths or more of a great photo.

Welcome to the forum!!!
I like your first shot. You picked a nice DoF. I would change up the composition a little bit and not center your subject.
#2 I would move around and try different angles.This shot is kinda straight on and it isn't very interesting.
Keep shooting!!
If you want a link for help w/ compositions.....just yell!!

Beautiful combination of colors.

I just wanted to say Hello to everyone and introduce myself. I recently bought a DSLR for my wife and I to take photos of our children but fell in love with photography. It's been about six months since I've been playing around and would love some C&C to help myself improve.

Here's a sample of a couple of the shots I've taken

1)

Apricot Blossom by Boaketography, on Flickr

These were shot with the kit lens

Hi!

Great focus and DOF. Learn to compose the subject off-center. Composition is 7/10ths or more of a great photo.

Thanks.

How else would you compose a close up like on photo number 2? I've been reading about composition and the rule of thirds and maybe these aren't the best examples to show that, but I'm having a hard time finding another way to shoot number 2

Most reactions

Back