New to Forum

Diengchae

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am new to the forum its the only photograpgy forum i belong to. I been doing some point and shoot But would like a nicer camera thinking of getting one the SLR from Nikon. When shopping for my new camera what are some things to pay attention to? I would like to be able to take decent action shots but wont be doing that all the time. Will be doing more still photos.

Are these the only things i need to worry about when purchasing my camera shutter speed, aperture and sensitivity?

Also what is the best program to use to edit the photo's?

Welcome!

1. Ergonomics. (how it feels in your hands, and are the controls laid out in a logical, easy-to-reach position.

2. System. Does that photographic system include a wide range of useful lenses and other features?

3. Price point. What is your realistic budget?

4. Learning curve. The top level of cameras have features that will take time to learn, whereas the entry-level cameras will seem simplistic and under-featured in short order. Look in the mid range and possibly a used camera.

Welcome!

1. Ergonomics. (how it feels in your hands, and are the controls laid out in a logical, easy-to-reach position.

2. System. Does that photographic system include a wide range of useful lenses and other features?

3. Price point. What is your realistic budget?

4. Learning curve. The top level of cameras have features that will take time to learn, whereas the entry-level cameras will seem simplistic and under-featured in short order. Look in the mid range and possibly a used camera.
Agreed

If you can afford $9.99 a month, I think the best way to go is the adobe lightroom / photoshop photography package.

If you can afford $9.99 a month, I think the best way to go is the adobe lightroom / photoshop photography package.
Lightroom/Photoshop are pretty much the industry standard. Every function of these programs have been backed up on youtube countless times so you are not limited to some cryptic online manual. $9.99 a mo. is not a lot to pay when you think about what these programs contribute to the quality of your pictures compared to the cost of other photo equipment.

There is no 'Best' program for editing. It sorta depends on your skill level, commitment level, computer literacy level, budget level, expectation level, et cetera. Most editing programs allow a 30 day free trial period. Try out a few and see which user interface best fits how you think and your work flow. Just Goggle photo editing programs and start from there. There are a few free programs which I believe are very capable, GIMP being one of them. Remember, "getting it right in the camera" typically means less time in front of a computer and more time to shoot. The more you shoot, the better you will become. Good luck and good shooting.

Most reactions

Back