New to photography, be nice!

I like the photo maybe just a little more focus

the composition of this shot is what makes it bad. If you do a tight vertical crop of the face on the right and get rid of all the empty space, it will balance it out better.

Overexposure and bad lighting/OOF make this shot technically challenged, perhaps in a more controlled environment could could be altered to end in a better result.

I am not diggin' the shot.

Too contrasty, no details in the white.

You kind of look like Kim Kardashian here. The face, obviously. [:

I think this is where out of focus works it ads a touch of mystery if thats what you went for well done, it would stilllook good with the eye in focus and hair out of focus for me, it reminds me of the 60's shooter like Baily,Donavan,Duffy

39567_436744097390_719327390_5784810_2794604_n.jpg

39567_436744097390_719327390_5784810_2794604_n.jpg

lol @ 'watch out erose' .... She might actually be single too, not married :O

Anyways, I agree with the majority here. Love the idea of half face/hat, but not liking the large empty space to the left. A little blank space isn't bad, but this is boderline too much.

I'm sorry, I saw your lips moving but all I could hear was " I'm smokin hot" :lmao: just kidding cool shot, slightly OOF in spots but I guess thats a matter of taste in a sense.

I just like it a lot the way it is.

I like the image as is. As a few others have stated it looks like it could have been meant to be exposed the way it was. Whether or not it was the plan or not is another story. Keep working on the focus, one of the toughest issues of self portraits for the experienced and novice alike. I am not that good at it myself, I would say do a search on here and you'll come up with some good tips and pointers. (focus on broom handle or friend, etc.)

The negative space... I am a fan of negative space. To me photography is not ALWAYS stand alone nor should it always be. Although it seemed a bit sarcastic KMH did point out that sometimes there is a use for negative space other then using as it is and leaving it empty. Cards, Calendars, Poetry, just a to name a few. It may not be the norm for self portraits per say, but you could write a few verses telling the world who you are and you'd have a nice place to put it in this image. (If you are also into poetry.)

I can honestly say that I take some of my photographs with that very idea in mind. It can be very frustrating finding the perfect photo to go along with a poem and finding it just does not layout well on the page when intertwined with your text.

Most reactions

Back