New to photography - benefits of editing??

Jesse11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I don't understand a lot about editing and don't know what the benefits of doing it are. I have an editing program but the only thing I use it for is to crop or make it black & white/sepia. I don't really know how to do anything else in that program and don't see how it can benefit me. I'd love some feedback on this.

I don't understand a lot about editing and don't know what the benefits of doing it are. I have an editing program but the only thing I use it for is to crop or make it black & white/sepia. I don't really know how to do anything else in that program and don't see how it can benefit me. I'd love some feedback on this.
Good evening! I am new to this forum and have been a professional photographer for some time now...can anyone give me some advice on what type of lens to use for newborn and infant/child photography? I shoot with Nikons....wedding photography is my specialty however I want to branch off and take photographs of babies! Any comments would be greatly appreciated...thank you all so much...:blushing:
Hi All! I am a complete newbie though I have been lurking on the forum for awhile. I have a question about insuring my equipment. I have a d60 and a couple of lenses (nothing too expensive) and do not have anything insured yet. I do some second shooting for weddings and some family/child pics when asked by family and friends...so I would in now way call myself a professional by an stretch of the imagination. However, as I begin to get more equipment and do more with photography should I have my equipment insured and how/where do I go about doing this?

Also, on a side note, the hubby and I are going to be going to Hawaii on vacation and I cannot wait to bring along my camera to capture the scenery etc. (though i do enjoy taking photos of people rather than scenery.) BUT I am very concerned about taking the camera without insurance...worried about theft and/or dropping/damaging the camera (I have an insane lack of grace lol :lmao:). Also, I have never traveled with camera equipment before so if anyone can give me any advice for how to travel with the camera I would welcome those comments as well! :D

Thanks in advance!! ;-)
So, which is it? Complete newbie or seasoned professional? I think I'm gonna have to go with complete newb.

I'm voting noob as well.

To answer the OP: Which do you prefer,,,,, the SOOC frame:
FlagEdit1.jpg

Or the edited version:

FlagEdit2.jpg

Good evening! I am new to this forum and have been a professional photographer for some time now...can anyone give me some advice on what type of lens to use for newborn and infant/child photography? I shoot with Nikons....wedding photography is my specialty however I want to branch off and take photographs of babies! Any comments would be greatly appreciated...thank you all so much...:blushing:
Hi All! I am a complete newbie though I have been lurking on the forum for awhile. I have a question about insuring my equipment. I have a d60 and a couple of lenses (nothing too expensive) and do not have anything insured yet. I do some second shooting for weddings and some family/child pics when asked by family and friends...so I would in now way call myself a professional by an stretch of the imagination. However, as I begin to get more equipment and do more with photography should I have my equipment insured and how/where do I go about doing this?

Also, on a side note, the hubby and I are going to be going to Hawaii on vacation and I cannot wait to bring along my camera to capture the scenery etc. (though i do enjoy taking photos of people rather than scenery.) BUT I am very concerned about taking the camera without insurance...worried about theft and/or dropping/damaging the camera (I have an insane lack of grace lol :lmao:). Also, I have never traveled with camera equipment before so if anyone can give me any advice for how to travel with the camera I would welcome those comments as well! :D

Thanks in advance!! ;-)
So, which is it? Complete newbie or seasoned professional? I think I'm gonna have to go with complete newb.

This exposé made me facepalm pretty violently. I think I may have broke my nose and/or entire face.

Thanks in advance!! ;-)

tumblr_lkmqr3tKnH1qib9dlo1_500.jpg

Photo editing can help you adjust the exposure of certain parts of a photo. Let's say that you took a photo. Of a waterfall, only to find that a portion of the waterfall photo is too dark. With photo editing, you could lighten this photo up to make it look better. That's how it could help.Check out this gimp video tutorial to see how to use gimp to expose a waterfall: Gimped! Gimp Tutorials: Exposing A Waterfall Using Gimp

Most reactions

Back