new to photography (help plz)

JayCFocux

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i know a lil about editing ive been a ps user for over 5 years and i want to give photography a try since i love to touch up pictures, i just bought a Canon T2i im loving this cam alreadyyyy and ive only had it for 1 day! lol i have Light Room and im looking for Camera Raw inside LR, can someone please help me!!

That's exactly how I started myself. ^^

Anyways, I'm not sure about Lightroom because I don't have it but in Bridge I can get to ACR by right clicking the file and choosing 'Open in ACR'.
This will possibly work the same in Lightroom.
Opening a RAW file in Photoshop will also automatically open ACR and I have set my Photoshop to open JPG files in ACR too.

Lightroom IS Camera Raw, at least the Develop Module is, just with a different interface and a whole bunch of additional modules attached to it - Library Module, Print Module, Web Module, etc. - so you will not find Camera Raw inside Lightroom like you do in Photoshop. HTH.

The library, print, and web functions are found in Bridge if someone has Photoshop CS(x), instead of Lightroom, but yes Lightroom's Develop module is the same Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) as Camera Raw.

ACR has been available in Photoshop since well before Adobe wrote Lightroom.

Photoshop CS5 (Ps12) and Lightroom 3 use ACR 6. Photoshop CS6 (Ps13) and Lightroom 4 use ACR 7.
ACR first appeared in Ps 7, 10 years ago.
Lightroom 1 shipped in February, 2007 and used ACR 4.

personally i dont think you need PS or any of that to be a great photographer, if i ever have to use anything ill limit myself to what i could do in a real darkroom, but 99% of the images i post are unedited.

did your camera not come with a software disc? i bought a nikon d3000 a couple years ago and it came with a disc with some software for some things and one was for looking at and editing RAW data

yeah it came with a software disc, i installed the program it came with but im more familiar with PS... im really really new in the photography world!! i would love to learnnnnnnn alot :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back