What's new

New to Photography-which Camera

412 Burgh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Location
Pittsburgh
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! first post here, and definitely not the last! :thumbup:

I live in the suburbs of Pittsburgh. I always had an appreciation for photography, loved looking at a good photo! Until recently I picked up a DSLR and I loved shooting with it. I never had a DSLR and I think it's time for me to get one.

I want to shoot basically anything from, cars, sports, landscape, Macro shots (close up detailed like the famous flower shots) and just about anything..

I think I'm going to buy a Nikon D3100 body to save money, and use a
Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR ED Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras

or should I spend the extra 50 bucks and get the original lens with the D3100..

Please let me know your professional and personal opinion! :)
 
Welcome to the Forum. I am not a professional but I love the D3100 and recommend it to a lot of beginners. A lot of people here will recommend the D90 instead. I recommend it also if you don't mind spending the extra up front, instead of upgrading later. I have the 18-105 and I've had a couple 18-55. If you can get the 18-105 cheaper I would do that.
 
Thank you for the quick reply! I'm kind of on a budget and the D3100 has a good price i found a few places.. D90 is a bit out of my price range.. I'm just gonna do it for a hobby and for fun, I always love pictures! The 18-105 I will be getting free from a friend who upgraded to the 200mm and has no use for the 105.. (good deal) :lol:
 
Nikon doesn't authorize it's dealers to sell the D3100 without a lens.

Buying a D3100 new, with the AF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6G lens is the least expensive way to get the camera in brand new condition. Sine that lens duplicates the focal lrnth you will have with the lens you are getting gratis, sell the 18-55 once you have it to recoup some of your money.

Nikon D3100 14.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens

The 18-55 mm VR version of just the lens that comes with that kit: Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom