New to Photography

93formulalt1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, all! I just thought I'd post up a quick introduction thread. My name is Nick, and I'm relatively new to photography. I've used Point and Shoot cameras for years, but I decided to upgrade a couple of years ago. When my birthday rolled around a few years ago, I saved up all of the money I could, and purchased a Minolta HTSi Plus 35mm SLR to use for recreational purposes, mostly. Yesterday, a friend of mine told me about a really good deal on a DSLR at a local store, so today I took my paycheck and blew it on my first Digital SLR Camera, a Pentax K110D. I've had it for a few hours, and I must say, I'm impressed with the pictures I've taken so far. I'm eager to learn more, and my only concern at this point is that my income is going to limit my experience with this hobby.

Lucky for me, I'm active in the automotive scene, so I have plenty of car shows to practice taking pictures at, and I also have the cutest puppy alive, so you'll all be seeing some pictures pretty soon!

Welcome and enjoy. There are plenty of other noobs here plus old-timers who will help you.

Thanks for the welcome! I actually just got back from the park with the dogs, we gave them baths and took them over to play, so I've got some pretty good shots I'll be posting up later. I can't wait to get a chance to go downtown to get some pics of the great architecture down there.

Hi my names Heather I'm a stay at home mom. Kind of new been taking photo's a year or 2 now and just started playing with photo software. Everyone keeps telling me how great my photos are..but there family...so I thought I would come see what someone else would say about them. Please feel free to let go and speak your mind...we can't learn anything if no one tells you the truth. I hope i find how to post a photo soon lol but my avitar is one of my photos. pray i find the right botton lol

Hi my names Heather I'm a stay at home mom. Kind of new been taking photo's a year or 2 now and just started playing with photo software. Everyone keeps telling me how great my photos are..but there family...so I thought I would come see what someone else would say about them. Please feel free to let go and speak your mind...we can't learn anything if no one tells you the truth. I hope i find how to post a photo soon lol but my avitar is one of my photos. pray i find the right botton lol

Unless you're a paid member, you have to post your photos on a hosting site (like flickr.com or photobucket.com). Then you copy that URL to your post here and voila! I think you can post here directly if you're a paid member. Welcome to the group!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back