What's new

New to Photography?

xpurpleblob

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
49
Reaction score
2
Location
New York City
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am new to photography and I am 14 years old.
What are the basic stuff I should no about DSLR systems and cameras before I get started?
 
Welcome! :)

A few suggestions to get you started. Once you get some experience with your camera, this is a great place to ask some very specific questions related to what you are trying to accomplish.

1) Search the web using keywords, such as "photography tips" or "Photography Techniques".
2) Visit shortcourses.com, Dennis has some good instruction for beginners (and advanced users as well). Using Your Digital Camera-Contents
3) My blog link below has some instruction for new DSLR users. But, you may want to learn more about the equipment first.
4) There are other blogs that have beginner stuff as well, but most of them assume you have some familiarity with the equipment already. For example, Digital Photography Tips and Tutorials
5) Visit a book store and browse some of the photography books. There are many books that start with the basics. Choose one that best suits your style.

Learning photography is such a fun adventure. When I started to pursue it I wanted to know everything right away. Resist that temptation and take your time and enjoy the process of discovering. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom