New to Photography

kass617

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say a quick hello. I've been reading this forum for a while, and never posted because any questions I've had have been answered through the search function. I've been interested in getting into photography for a while, but didn't really have time to dedicate to learning. Now I have a bit of free time on my hands, and purchased a Nikon D90 (only the kit lens for now) and have been reading up on the manual, and another book dedicated to it. I'm also reading Understanding Exposure. I haven't really gone out and taken any pictures with it yet, but I will be as soon as I get some other things squared away.

This site has been great so far for me so far, and look forward to getting some feedback from you guys about pictures I take, and equipment needs, etc.

Have a good day.

Welcome,
ask away and participate in discussions. Just don't start shooting weddings :lmao: yet

lol...no weddings for me! I actually just got married, and hired a GREAT photographer who did the most amazing job...and then a few weeks later a friend of mine got married and had "a photographer friend" "hook him up" ....he pwould have been better off having a sketch artist do it...they were BAD. Tops of heads missing bad. So yeah, I definitely have a respect for pro's and wouldn't dare "hooking up" someone, lol.

lol...no weddings for me! I actually just got married, and hired a GREAT photographer who did the most amazing job...and then a few weeks later a friend of mine got married and had "a photographer friend" "hook him up" ....he pwould have been better off having a sketch artist do it...they were BAD. Tops of heads missing bad. So yeah, I definitely have a respect for pro's and wouldn't dare "hooking up" someone, lol.
You're smart, I like you :D
Every week you'll see a thread with something like "shoot my first wedding, what gear do I need, or what camera settings do I use". Really pisses me off to see people learning on B&G :)
But as mentioned, post Qs, participate in discussion, ask for CCs, and if you want to talk specific details or w/e, PM away :)

Well Hello, and welcome! :) Sounds like your headed in the right direction with books and such. Looking forward to see your work.

Welcome! I am new as well and there are a lot of nice people who are willing to help here so feel at home and ask away!

Most reactions

Back