New to Photography.

cathryn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I'm brand new to photography and am finding that when I go out to take photos my head is buzzing with information and it all gets a bit tricky!

I took this photo at the weekend at a skate park. I would be really grateful if you would give gentle feedback on how this photo could be improved as I'm sure it could be loads better.

Many Thanks

Cathryn.

DSC_0047 by thecostellos100, on Flickr

Did that work?

Welcome. You have to build your post count before you can post pictures. ;)

Cool picture. :) It could use more fill flash on the boy so the lighting matches the background. I love his expression!

I have no specific feedback for your photo. Instead, I have just some general advice seeing as you are new to photography.

#1. You will not get "Gentle" feedback from everyone. Even if you ask for it. But do remember that when someone goes out of their way to be mean there are three things to think about.
a. They feel threatened by your mad photographist skillz..... or
b. They are unhappy with themselves as people, and making fun of others is the only thing that allows them to sleep at night...... and
c. Even when someone leaves harsh feedback, there is a lot you can learn from it, so take the lesson, and let the rest roll off your back like a duck.

#2. Don't try to take it all in at once. You will suffocate. Pick one thing to focus on, (for example the exposure triangle) learn about it, play with it and put it into practice until you understand it, then move on.

#3. Take pictures, lots and lots of pictures.

#4. Have fun. If you don't, it's not worth it.

I have no specific feedback for your photo. Instead, I have just some general advice seeing as you are new to photography.

#1. You will not get "Gentle" feedback from everyone. Even if you ask for it. But do remember that when someone goes out of their way to be mean there are three things to think about.
a. They feel threatened by your mad photographist skillz..... or
b. They are unhappy with themselves as people, and making fun of others is the only thing that allows them to sleep at night...... and
c. Even when someone leaves harsh feedback, there is a lot you can learn from it, so take the lesson, and let the rest roll off your back like a duck.

#2. Don't try to take it all in at once. You will suffocate. Pick one thing to focus on, (for example the exposure triangle) learn about it, play with it and put it into practice until you understand it, then move on.

#3. Take pictures, lots and lots of pictures.

#4. Have fun. If you don't, it's not worth it.

yeah and start with the exposure triangle... you dont want to get compisition down but then have it so dark you cant even see it...

It's a bit tilted. The tree in the background is brighter than the subject, instead of using filling in flash I would have tryed to move to avoid the tree.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back