New to the forum

Margie28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,

It's so great to be here. My name is Margie and live in the Netherlands Antilles.

I finished an Advanced Photogrpahy course with success that had many technical photography lessons that was really wonderful.

I'm starting out as a serious photographer and I need your suggestions and opinions on how to approach clients, how to price for several services.

I'm looking forward to get to know you.

Margie

Hi and welcome.

If you jump into the Professional photography subforum I do remember seeing a thread asking how much certain images are worth. The thread should still be on page 1.

I can't really comment, specifically to any situation other than to say start and see what happens. Use the experience and learn from it. When I approached my first client for webdesign it was a disaster. But within a year I had no problem talking to anyone whether they be old, young, grumpy and specific, or just a typical yes-man.

Pricing also needs to be catered to your clients. What do you do? Weddings with the fully service could cost thousands. I for one charge about $200. I have the gig of being an emergency photographer for those who really can't afford a proper wedding photographer. I go to the ceremony, and do a few portraits, they are never really anywhere near as good as a proper professional job though and my service and product is priced accordingly.

Hi and thank you for the welcome Garbz,

I got some really great ideas in the Professional Forum.

I still haven't seen a question, related to how to approach new clients in the Real Estate sector to land the first job.

I will headover to the Professional area and ask this question.

Thank you for the suggestions you gave, because it helps me to get an idea, when you start out, what to do.

I have set up hourly rates, but now there is a raise in utilities it is giving me a hard time, because I need to adapt my prizes.

Margie

Most reactions

New Topics

Back