New to the forums and what am I doing wrong!?

jenncolang

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all!

WOW what a GIFT these forum are!

I've been searching the archives and already found a new lens I'm thinking of buying (the 50mm 1.8 which I've heard is a GEM in many threads and in many online reviews)

and have gotten lots of tips from reading other peoples threads.

But anyway, I am about two years into photography, shooting with a digital rebel XTI with the stock lens. I LOVE studio photography. Right now I am shooting with the strobes at school but should be getting my own kit (equivelent to alien bees) in about two weeks.

My goal is to have my own portrait studio, and I am so drawn to those crisp photos with the colors that really POP and the extremely shar eyes. I'm trying so hard to acheive them but I seem to be hitting a wall.

Here are three of my latest attempts. The first two are edited in PSP but the last isn't. (i'm getting photoshop again on Saturday. My trial ran out oh no!)

Nice to meet everyone!

charlie1.jpg

lily3g.jpg

Picture124.jpg

I think you're on your way. There's a lot to add to your arsenal, such as posing of the model... Sharpness around the eyes, provided you have a good image to start with, is best enhanced in post-production. I find that sharpening (and a little dodging to whiten the whites) can go a long way to making nice eyes.

... but there are some highly talented studio shooters here, which I'm not. Keep asking, and if your thread goes unnoticed but there's someone who's input you would like, just send him or her a PM (Private Message) and I'm sure they'll share some pointers.

Thank you!

I'm working on my post processing and I can't wait to get my own studio set up so I can REALLY get moving.

Thank you so much for the replys and that is a great idea about the pming people!

I really like the lighting in the 1st pic. It adds a muted touch to a very serene pose.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back