New to the lensbaby

Basalt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www2.warwick.ac.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Treated myself to a Lensbaby composer with justt he standard double glass optic, after much bad language getting to grips with the subtleties of focus I'm very pleased with it.
Couldn't help but go go and track down a peacock - an obvious target but I love the effect
peacock2.jpg

And a landscape taken on a vineyard
vines1.jpg

Hi,
Love the picture of the wine yard.... Not the peacock though... I thought a little bit of more sharpning the head may make it more appealing...
I'm a not a pro, but this is what I think

I think the peacock is a superb subject for the Lensbaby!!! (I own three of the doggone things...the original, the Lensbaby 2.0, and the Composer...I guess you could say I'm a sucker for the Lensbaby looks!)

These are great! The only aspect of the peacock I would critique is the background just below the beak is a bit of a distraction. The shape or outline of the beak gets lost. A slight shift of the camera might have left the a blurred background that would have been more effective. This detail would have been very hard to notice especially if the bird was moving.

The vineyard photo appeals to me because I like sharply focused subjects in the foreground, and there is just enough of the blurred background to let us know the place,yet not be distracted by too much to look at in the background that detracts us from the main subject. The color is interesting, too, and I like that the structure has a slight lean. It helps in a subtle way add to the age of the wood.

I just bought a lensbaby last wee, so I was very interested to see an example of its use.

I think the peacock is a superb subject for the Lensbaby!!! (I own three of the doggone things...the original, the Lensbaby 2.0, and the Composer...I guess you could say I'm a sucker for the Lensbaby looks!)

I really thought you owned 3 peacocks and I was so excited.

Most reactions

Back