New to this, first shots!

Case

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Comments and advice are what I'm looking for! These photos were taken in my backyard with a friends Canon Rebel XT, I switched from a a Telephoto (dont know the specs) and the Stock Canon 18-55mm lens.

Here they are...

Apple Store NYC (not my back yard, haha) Taken with a Sony DSC-H2 on Manuel focus.

not quite sure what your going after on any of these, as far as crit. But ill give it a shot. #1 is a unique architecture shot. good comp. #2 dof is way to close in my opinion. theres nothign to the picture. # 3 however good dof. i like this the best out of all the picture you posted. great comp, color, everything. #4 Not bad, to little in the shot. #5.. please just delete this one.

Thanks for the comments and critiques. I was just messing around and takin shots quickly. Off the top of my head, nothing was really framed or anything. The first one I really like, I also like the sprinkler head one as well. The last one I sorta liked, guess not...lol.

Well.. its all good to mess around. But in doing so, keep note to wha you did. And take note to what you could do to make them better. If your completely new to the art, just go out and shoot as much as possible. trying new and diffrent things learning what each does, and how it affects your picture. Your main things to try and master are, ISO (Film Speed) Shutter, f/# (Aperature), DOF (Depth Of Field), lighting. And my advice is find a notepad and write down the settings you use for every picture. Then reveiw them, take note to changes you want to apply to mke the picture better. Then re-shoot.

I'll pretty much agree with the above mentioned critiques except for #2, I like it.

To me anyway, it gives it a point to look at then everything else is off in the distance. The only other thing I think you could have done is focus as far away as possible, anywhere else in the middle just lacks something. I also agree with taking as many photos to learn what things do is a great idea, just be sure you have some sort of object or frame in mind. The last one, as you said, is a random shot without purpose. Thats just going to waste time and valuable memory, or if Film then well film :)

I really like 1, 3, and 4. keep it up!

I'll pretty much agree with the above mentioned critiques except for #2, I like it.

To me anyway, it gives it a point to look at then everything else is off in the distance. The only other thing I think you could have done is focus as far away as possible, anywhere else in the middle just lacks something. I also agree with taking as many photos to learn what things do is a great idea, just be sure you have some sort of object or frame in mind. The last one, as you said, is a random shot without purpose. Thats just going to waste time and valuable memory, or if Film then well film :)

I really like 1, 3, and 4. keep it up!

Thanks, I'll have a camera of my own soon and you'll be seeing tons more pictures from me in the future!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back