New to this, some snapshots

Ouhei

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Picked up my first real camera last week (Canon XSi) and have been fiddling with it ever since. Here are some of the shots that came out decent/interesting, at least I thought they were.

Feel free to critique, all of these are just resized in photoshop so I haven't really done much PP.

These are actually from a Jersey Shore themed party we threw at our house this weekend, so forgive the outfits/looks.

Bonus snow pic from my old camera (Canon SD500)

Thanks for looking! :mrgreen:

OK, while these pictures have interest and are memorable to you for your experiance, they are not photographically interesting. Ordinary things shot ordinarily.
#1 If you want to show the stuffed animals get rid of the distracting Dell and keyboard intrusions
#2 a vertical subject in horizontal format, a little underexposed, notice that the white shows gray: up the exposure a little until it is a nice crisp white.
#3 Not a bad portrait, could use a little more light on his face, but he looks like he has been interupted, disturbed.
#4 Again, a vertical composition, crop out the nose in the upper right, or include more of it to tell the story of why he looks so pissed off
#5 Silly faces , crop out the clutter-left and right
#6 What's the subject, nothing but the neck area is in focus, not an interesting neck
#7 This is the best shot. I like color better but that's just me. Try cropping out the tree on the left that just protrudes past the edge: the left edge is distracting with the strong vertical lines. Might be better to crop out both trees on the left. The bridge leading to the bench, and then the forrest is the strongest element of the photo and makes a pleasing composition.
I hope this helps...JSD

OK, while these pictures have interest and are memorable to you for your experiance, they are not photographically interesting. Ordinary things shot ordinarily.
#1 If you want to show the stuffed animals get rid of the distracting Dell and keyboard intrusions
#2 a vertical subject in horizontal format, a little underexposed, notice that the white shows gray: up the exposure a little until it is a nice crisp white.
#3 Not a bad portrait, could use a little more light on his face, but he looks like he has been interupted, disturbed.
#4 Again, a vertical composition, crop out the nose in the upper right, or include more of it to tell the story of why he looks so pissed off
#5 Silly faces , crop out the clutter-left and right
#6 What's the subject, nothing but the neck area is in focus, not an interesting neck
#7 This is the best shot. I like color better but that's just me. Try cropping out the tree on the left that just protrudes past the edge: the left edge is distracting with the strong vertical lines. Might be better to crop out both trees on the left. The bridge leading to the bench, and then the forrest is the strongest element of the photo and makes a pleasing composition.
I hope this helps...JSD
Thanks for the reply, I'll do some more editing/cropping on some of them and see what I can come up with. Like I said, these are just off the camera and resized down.

1. This was taken on my desk at work the day the camera was delivered, it was more of an experiment with depth of field than anything, plus it's where they sit under my monitor.
2. Noted, I'll see what I can get with some PP.
3. That's my brother, he has been disturbed, I had been snapping pictures of him for a few minutes and he finally caught on.:p
4. Noted, I'll work on cropping it out better.
5. Noted.
6. I actually didn't take this one, but found it to be an interesting angle.
7. I should still have the original, I'll try cropping it later.

The first shot made me lol and thats a reaction I like to have, I like the shot but not the clutter as mentioned. If it were me, Id try that one again, even though as you say you were only testing, has potential in the humour department for me for some reason.

Cheers

Most reactions

Back