What's new

New to this

Dove

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Northwest TN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all. I'm completely, 100% new to this. Wanting some C&C. Thanks
 
Last edited:
Thank you for the info Mtalicarox. Absoluely not looking for praise at all. I'm wanting to learn and figure out what I need to do and not do.
 
Thank you for the info Mtalicarox. Absoluely not looking for praise at all. I'm wanting to learn and figure out what I need to do and not do.


I get that, it's just what C&C is there of just a random picture that is thrown up onto the board? I mean is there an aspect of the picture you're not happy with? It's a sunset shot... what are you trying to do? it's nice how the tree's looked blacked out, but if you want criticism on it what are you looking for for criticism? What was the ftop and aperature set at? the iso? Give the post I linked earlier a look and edit your first post accodingly for actual C&C.
 
Nice Shots, what did you shoot that with? Welcome to the site!
 
Wow! I guess I need to back up and regroup. I didn't realize photo's of sunsets were so unimpressive. I was wanting to know if it was not in focus as it should be, if the trees were obscurring, etc. They were taken in auto focus with a Nikon D60 10.2 MP, AF-S 55-200 lens. Just happened to grab the camera and take them. We moved here last year and are not accustomed to such sunsets. I have thousands of photos of all types of things and have gotten many compliments on them. Unfortunately, I am not able to take professional classes as we live in a very rural area and the nearest class is over 4 hours away. I've seen tons of other posts here over many months I've been reading, people do not give information and they get a lot of feedback. Guess I chose the wrong photos to post. I'm truly sorry if I wasted anyone's time...that was definitely not my intent. As I said, I'm only 'trying' to learn.
 
Thank you Dascrow.
 
#1 - Really like the colors in this one and the composition is good (Rule Of Thirds) but the twigs in the upper right are distracting.

#2 - Amazing colors in this one. Wish there was a hint more purple in the upper part though.

Nice "texture" in the clouds of both pictures.
 
Thank you very much Samanax. That was my thought as well, the "twigs" obscurring it.
 
Please don't be discouraged by one member's response. Put your photos back up. the way you did it is fine with most members and you will get responses and C&C. Those who want the technical info about your photo know how to get it without your having to post it all. 90% of the people here say, "C&C welcome" and nothing more when posting photos.
 
You folks are awesome! Thank you for the encouragement. So, here we go.... :D

3567742904_49e2a3a7a3.jpg



3567732310_4d3ba931de.jpg


These were taken from our back porch in northwest TN.

By the way.....C&C very welcome!!! ;)
 
I love them for what they are. Beautiful fricken' colors!
I'd crop out the tree limbs on the second one.
Just because people have seen hundreds of sunset photos, YOU should be proud that you took these.

I am about to post my own Sunset photo, btw. :-P
 
Thanks! I'll crop the limbs. I knew they were going to be a distraction, but hadn't taken the time to crop it yet.

BTW, I looked at your Flickr and blog......awesome photos. Love the panned swallow. Will be looking forward to YOUR sunset photo. :-)
 
I am a total noob too, but I love your first sunset pic!
And also I am glad I am not alone in my noob-ness!
=]
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom