New to TPF

gregtake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys and gals, I'm new here but I'd like some comments and criticisms (constructive please) on my shots. Only been seriously shooting since May, but seriously enjoying it! I'll stick to 5 shots for now, but have a bunch more. I personally enjoy night photography, panoramas, macros and long walks on the beach. Anything else just ask!

2964094438_8e951ecdd4_b.jpg

2957403572_b2cf54a5eb_b.jpg

2949427085_83b598c4f6_b.jpg

2907245999_62b9b1cf25_o.jpg

2775334005_f2fe30be19_b.jpg

not bad.. i think you held the shutter closed for a little bit to long though on the fireworks shot... and theres a lot of camera shake in 4 and 5...

Nice shots. Very vivid, very clear. I think you got too much of an angle there on that shot of Hilton Hawaiian Village. Please send me some Li Hing Mango. I'm dying here. I can't even find li hing powder anywhere.

I love your shots, I think they're all great

Chris camera shake in 5 is not that at all actually, it was the wind blowing the coconut trees fronds, if you notice the building (aloha tower in this case) isn't blurry at all so the camera wasn't moving, it was on a tripod, and number four was a relatively low light 200mm shot @5.6 with VR on, shooting at around 1/60...so yeah it's there but I liked the way it came out. Fireworks shot was a 17" bulb exposure and was just clicking away at random times on the remote. Also on the hilton shot there was the stupid fireworks u-haul van just out of the picture and I didn't want it in there so I tilted the camera (albeit a little too much).

Last edited:
Welcome to TPF, greg!

I also think there's a bit too much of an angle on 2. How long was the shutter open for 2 and 5?

i like the first one a lot. the second one has a cool composition imo. the rest were okay for me.

man, i really gotta try panoramas

#2 was open for 17" and #5 was open for 10" I think...

All very neat and creative shots, IMO. Sports one wasn't my personal favorite, but it's still cool. I wouldn't change a thing on any of them. Thanks for sharing and welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing more.

Most reactions

Back