New toy- Nikon Photomic

Peeb

Semi-automatic Mediocrity Generator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The original F. Really looking to running some film thru it. Captured this image of it on my Z6.

Nikon Photomic F
by Peeb OK, on Flickr

EDIT: This shot was my first shot from this camera- taken with FujiFilm Superia 200 color film:
img100_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Nice camera and a non-AI 50mm 1.4 too. Wahoo!

Could a mod fix the title for me? Should read Nikon Photomic F (not Photomic6). Fat fingers.

Cool. I'm looking for an F for my next filmie.

Could a mod fix the title for me? Should read Nikon Photomic F (not Photomic6). Fat fingers.

Hover over "Thread Tools" then click "Edit Title"

Built like a Tank.

I had one gave it away a couple years ago. I prefer the F with eye level prism. I got one of those that seen time during the Vietnam war, it had a wrinkled shutter but worked fine, my mentor gave it to me. I recently gave it back to the family (he passed away a few years ago), I wanted his grandson to have it. Now I have a pristine F2 which I got next to nothing and I sent it to Sover Wong who brought it back to excellent working condition. It is my most used camera. Both models are mechanical marvels.

Always great getting a new toy. Enjoy.

BTW, there was a really warm streetlight filtering in from the kitchen window, so I propped the camera on top of a white bowl (full of doritos) to get just the right angle to have the light coming thru the front of the lens for the shot in the original post. Wanted nice boken, but unfortunately, the focus on 'nikon' cause the lettering on the front of the lens to be soft. Shot with a really old pre-ai 135 nikon lens adapted to my Z6 (the 135 lens was thrown in with the camera for free).

Sweet. Bought a spooky-clean black F Photomic Ftn from a senior camera club member some years back. Great vintage fashion statement! That titanium foil shutter and all those teensy ball bearings<sigh>...

I still have 2 Film Nikons, one is a plan F and the other is an FTN. Wish I had the time to be able to develop the film so they are not being used much.

I still have 2 Film Nikons, one is a plan F and the other is an FTN. Wish I had the time to be able to develop the film so they are not being used much.
Bought a C41 kit and a dark bag- going to try to develop my first at-home roll some time this week!

Bought a C41 kit and a dark bag- going to try to develop my first at-home roll some time this week!

I have been developing Black and White for 40+ years, love it but takes time and space. Was using our second bathroom as a darkroom but had to break it down after everytime I wanted to do something. Let me know how the C41 Kit goes.

For color, this ie my setup... the heater makes it all worth it. I developed 8 rolls last night. I have stretched it more but 8 seems to be the sweet spot for consistency. 10 if your not picky. I mark the bottles and caps to avoid contamination. I got the tub from home depot, it's made for exterior window washing and perfect size. I marked the one developing tank with gaffer tape because it had two 25 year old rolls in it (Kodak 800 c41), so I give it a little more time in the developer. Will be scanning the next few days. Not expecting anything out of the unknown kept condition, 25 year old film. It took me a long time to use up those 2 rolls, I got sick of two gunning (holga for expired) it all spring, summer, and fall. I'll try and post some links after Church today.

Unger 6 Gal. Heavy-Duty Plastic Bucket-DB02 - The Home Depot

20201107_134337.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back