Few days ago I ordered some bits:
1. Light stand
2. Wireless trigger (cheap Blazzeo)
3. i-TTL remote cord
4. White 33" umbrella
5. Silver 33" umbrella
6. Swivel flash mount
And today they turned up :D:D:D:D
This setup should keep me busy for a while I think. :)
I'll post some pictures later.

cool! show us some shots

Hi
As promissed before this one of first photos taken with new light setup. This is my lovelu daughter Gabriela. She is 2.5 YO now and she likes to be photographed :)
I was using SB600 trough white umbrella on camera left.
I know that there are issues about background and pose but I just wanted to show you new light setup results. I hope you like it because I love it :D
3083235178_c0387a50e5_b.jpg

I know that there are issues about background and pose. . .

I see evidence of neither.

Congrats. A new world has now been opened for you in photography.

Nicely exposed.

Out of curiosity, since you have the D40, how are you triggering the flash off camera? The D40 does not have Commander mode (methinks).

Congrats. A new world has now been opened for you in photography.

Nicely exposed.

Out of curiosity, since you have the D40, how are you triggering the flash off camera? The D40 does not have Commander mode (methinks).

Hi
You are right. D40 doesn't have commander mode so I had to use wireless flash trigger. I bought cheap one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=200279717185&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=010 and it works pretty well.
Only one downside is that I need to change all flash parameters manually.
But I hope to upgrade my body to d90 in few months hopefully.
And I'm glad you like this picture.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for sharing Tom! What a cute little girl. And very nicely exposed! I am awaiting my cheap lighting setup also... I already have received (but haven't gotten to try out yet) the Cactus wireless triggers and I have a couple of umbrellas I bought used from someone locally... I just ordered lightstands, umbrella brackets, and a monolight I plan to use in conjunction with my speedlite off-camera also. My new toys should be here Tuesday! I'm sure I'll be posting also! Again, good job, and congrats! :thumbup:

beautiful shot.. I also dont see anything wrong with pose and background. I like the colorful walls :).. makes her stand out.

This is a really good example of what can be done with a relatively basic set of equipment. The result is excellent and I wouldn't worry about the pose or the background either. The only slight fix for me would be the stray hairs across her left eye - you may be able to clone that out though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back