New Tshirt shots, new processing... does it work?

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you guys think?

3361300718_ae0def6081_b.jpg

3361263734_03c1b3e0a1_b.jpg

To me it just looks very oversharpened. Not a fan. Just my .02 though. I think your previous work is better.

Hmm. I have to agree on the top one, the sharpening is a bit much... but there is more going on here than just sharpening, notably a softening of shadows, and slight change of colors.

Strange as it is to critique my own work, I think the bottom one pulls it off well while the top one would've been better soft.

Oh, and I have it unedited here:

hoverboards%20(23).JPG

The processing isn't terrible...but I think it needs a stronger photo to really pull it off.

The processing isn't terrible...but I think it needs a stronger photo to really pull it off.

OK I can understand where you're coming from.

Here is a third one. This time, no sharpening tool used, but still a similar effect:

3363422034_bc5f652dc0_b.jpg

new one is way closer to what i'd like in the end.

stay on that path!

I like the newer one best.

How exactly did you accomplish that effect?

It's a combination of effects I've picked up off of the internets.

First, I create a new layer and then change the blending mode to soft or hard light. Then, I use a High Pass filter on the top image, but from there it depends on the image. Sometimes I'll use the Unsharp Mask, other times I'll use the Shadow/Highlight tool.

Ryan

i really like the last one. my only gripe is the "glow." I think if you could mask out the glow from around her this one would be really nice.

personally, i think these need a slight vignette and maybe a cooler/bluer look.

i took a quick stab at it, I hope you don't mind...

3363422034_bc5f652dc0_b.jpg-edit.jpg

this may not be at all what you were going for, but i didn't feel like I could explain what i was thinking.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back