donkondra.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings,

First time I've seen this guy/gal in my yard :sexywink:

Newvisitor.jpg

Cheers, Don

Last edited:
He is beautiful! Any idea what he is? Very nice capture.

Having feeders brings such an amazing variety of critters into our yard - one of my favorite things to do! :thumbup:

At a glance, I believe that is an Oriole. You are pretty lucky to get a shot of one that close...these guys are usually very skiddish....:thumbup:

I can only assume she couldn't quite make me out behind her reflection in the window.

My "training" with hummingbirds in the same situation is to move very slowly :sexywink:

Quite a treat after a winter of chickadees and one solitary blue jay..

Cheers, Don

Thanks everyone for your comments, except wgp1987 of course :lol:

Although Saskatoon is only 217 miles from the US border, I've been told it's rare to see Orioles this far north. (Note to self - buy bird identification book)

I highly recommend hanging a bird feeder close to an appropriate window for people who don't really have the time to go chase them :lmao:

And keep the appropriate lens on the camera within reach, he, he...

Cheers, Don

Thanks everyone for your comments, except wgp1987 of course :lol:

Although Saskatoon is only 217 miles from the US border, I've been told it's rare to see Orioles this far north. (Note to self - buy bird identification book)

I highly recommend hanging a bird feeder close to an appropriate window for people who don't really have the time to go chase them :lmao:

And keep the appropriate lens on the camera within reach, he, he...

Cheers, Don

I've been trying to catch one at my feeders for a couple years now. No joy. They are, indeed, VERY rare that far north. Good catch.

This is a great shot! I love the way you managed to capture the delicate underbelly feathers; they're so sharp I can almost feel their softness. You're quite lucky to have been able to capture an oriole, I have only ever seen 2 at my feeders about three years ago and they were extremely skiddish.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back