What's new

New Walk Around Lens for D7000

jdag

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
288
Reaction score
7
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a D7000. Now I am really torn, but leaning toward the 24-120 f/4. I began researching thinking about the 24-120, 16-85 f/3.5-5.6, or Tamron 17-55 f/2.8. Even the 28-300 f/3.5-5.6 was of some interest.

Cost factors aside, am I right thinking that the 24-120 is my lens? I don't shoot wide too often, so the 24 wide end is not much of a concern. The 120 reach really appeals to me as well.

I just sold my D90 w/18-105 lens. And generally while using that lens it was on the longer side.

Thanks, John
 
Well it does sound like this lens would fit you well...you know best what you want/need...
If you dont need a fast lens, I'd go for it! It's a nice lens
 
I am thinking the same thing. I do have the 35mm f1.8 and the 70-200 f2.8.
 
I have the 24-120 and a love it. It has some barrel distortion at 24 but by 30mm the distortion become barely noticeable. The lens is pretty sharp wide open, the bokeh it produice is also realyl smooth. I didnt test it yet on the long end but im pretty sure it will do fine.


this was shot with this lens at 44mm F8

5745013435_c759e63c74_b.jpg
 
Ghache - What camera are you using? So much talk about the 24-120 is via use on the D700, not DX bodies. Thanks, John
 
I am thinking the same thing. I do have the 35mm f1.8 and the 70-200 f2.8.

that lens seems to live on the front of my D7000 more than any other
 
Ghache - What camera are you using? So much talk about the 24-120 is via use on the D700, not DX bodies. Thanks, John

I am using it on a d7000
 
I am loving my D7000 for me it was a great buy for the $ . I love using my nikon 85mm 1.8 the best , but also have a 18-200 that dose pretty well and a tokina 11-16 2.8, Nikon 50 mm 1.4 those are my go to lenses . I have others but I tend to grab those first . Wanting an 80-200 or 70- 200 are on my shopping list for my next buy .
 
My 70-200 is in use about 75% of the time, with the 35mm used about 20% of the time. The remaining 5% was my 18-105 (until I sold it with the D90).

I do believe that if I get the 24-120 (or other top-end "walk around" lens) that it will even out my use to about 1/3 for each of the 3 lenses in my bag.
 
Last edited:
jdag said:
I do believe that if I get the 24-120 (or other top-end "walk around" lens) that it will even out my use to about 1.3 for each of the 3 lenses in my bag.

Which 24-120 are you talking about? There's 2 of them and one is junk compared to the other.

Sent from Erics iPhone www.ericporado.com
 
It's on the way...ordered this morning.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom