Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. Frozen water:

frozenfalls.jpg

2. More night stuff:
oldcourthouse.jpg

3. Playing with a tad of Orton:
orpheum.jpg

Thanks in advance. Probably more just "snapshots" but I had to play with the new toy. Is my head crooked, or is it an illusion with #2 being off kilter because of the shadow?

Is my head crooked, or is it an illusion with #2 being off kilter because of the shadow?
It probably looks like that because you shot it at 27mm and you're getting some kind of wide angle barrel distortion or something (the light poles on either side of the tower are leaning inward).

I love #1. With everything static, though, maybe f/5.6 was a bit wide. I might try it with a smaller aperture and a longer exposure... but please don't think that's a criticism!

#2 is good, but you have the basic parallax problem. DxO Optics can help with the lens distortion there.

I think #3 is a bit over exposed.

It probably looks like that because you shot it at 27mm and you're getting some kind of wide angle barrel distortion or something (the light poles on either side of the tower are leaning inward).

Thanks, I guess I couldn't see the forest.... you're absolutely right.

I love #1. With everything static, though, maybe f/5.6 was a bit wide. I might try it with a smaller aperture and a longer exposure... but please don't think that's a criticism!

Thanks for the pointer. I was trying to see how slow I could get away with and still get a reasonably sharp pic with no tripod/monopod along. I was happy with 1/4 s but I'm sure there a lot steadier hands out there than mine! Ha!

Most reactions

Back