New Year's Eve 2007-2008 Fireworks...

lextalionis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.motleypixel.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My neighbor spent a little bit of money on fireworks so I thought I'd try to capture the "spent" moments :grin:
Shot with a Canon 30D and Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS lens at 17mm and focus to infinity. ISO 100-125, f/8-11, bulb with average open shutter of 3-6 seconds.

fireworks_new_years_eve_2007_1.jpg

fireworks_new_years_eve_2007_2.jpg

fireworks_new_years_eve_2007_3.jpg

fireworks_new_years_eve_2007_4.jpg

fireworks_new_years_eve_2007_5.jpg

-Roy

OP
lextalionis

lextalionis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.motleypixel.com
Photos OK to edit
15-20mph N-NW winds 6 hours after a cold front blew in made it for a clear and smoke-free night to shoot fireworks. Thanks for the comment.

-Roy

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are nice ones for being privately purchased firework rockets! And I think you chose a good aperture and shutter speed.

Have you seen my two threads on the two professionally launched firework displays in my play on December 28 and 29, respectively? So far I have "only" created this_thread and this_one but would actually have material for more. I had the aperture set to f22 and usually had shutter speeds of between 4 and 10 seconds (on the second of the two days).

Michaelaw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Awesome shots...I love the last one!

OP
lextalionis

lextalionis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.motleypixel.com
Photos OK to edit
These are nice ones for being privately purchased firework rockets! And I think you chose a good aperture and shutter speed.

Again, Texas and fireworks go "hand-in-hand". As they say, everything is bigger in Texas. When we moved from Florida 6 years ago, our first Fourth of July in Texas in our subdivision displayed a firework show better than most public shows we saw in Florida.

My neighbor spent $390 on his show.

-Roy

b.rett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fairlessfotography.com
Photos OK to edit
these have got to be some of the coolest fireworks shots ive ever seen.. thanks so much for sharing the images and your settings.. now i just need some fireworks to shoot..

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are fairly long exposures PLUS wind, I think the wind that blew the little sparkles into one direction is what makes these looking so cool. Like my "Swamp_Grass_In_The_Wind" (Photo 5 in that thread of mine).

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Good job! And thanks for sharing the information on the settings you used. #5 is my fave, with the sparkly bits that look like stars behind the fireworks-burst.

Most reactions