New Year's Eve 2007-2008 Fireworks...

lextalionis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.motleypixel.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My neighbor spent a little bit of money on fireworks so I thought I'd try to capture the "spent" moments :grin:
Shot with a Canon 30D and Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS lens at 17mm and focus to infinity. ISO 100-125, f/8-11, bulb with average open shutter of 3-6 seconds.

fireworks_new_years_eve_2007_1.jpg

fireworks_new_years_eve_2007_2.jpg

fireworks_new_years_eve_2007_3.jpg

fireworks_new_years_eve_2007_4.jpg

fireworks_new_years_eve_2007_5.jpg

-Roy

15-20mph N-NW winds 6 hours after a cold front blew in made it for a clear and smoke-free night to shoot fireworks. Thanks for the comment.

-Roy

These are nice ones for being privately purchased firework rockets! And I think you chose a good aperture and shutter speed.

Have you seen my two threads on the two professionally launched firework displays in my play on December 28 and 29, respectively? So far I have "only" created this_thread and this_one but would actually have material for more. I had the aperture set to f22 and usually had shutter speeds of between 4 and 10 seconds (on the second of the two days).

Awesome shots...I love the last one!

These are nice ones for being privately purchased firework rockets! And I think you chose a good aperture and shutter speed.

Again, Texas and fireworks go "hand-in-hand". As they say, everything is bigger in Texas. When we moved from Florida 6 years ago, our first Fourth of July in Texas in our subdivision displayed a firework show better than most public shows we saw in Florida.

My neighbor spent $390 on his show.

-Roy

these have got to be some of the coolest fireworks shots ive ever seen.. thanks so much for sharing the images and your settings.. now i just need some fireworks to shoot..

These are fairly long exposures PLUS wind, I think the wind that blew the little sparkles into one direction is what makes these looking so cool. Like my "Swamp_Grass_In_The_Wind" (Photo 5 in that thread of mine).

Good job! And thanks for sharing the information on the settings you used. #5 is my fave, with the sparkly bits that look like stars behind the fireworks-burst.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back