What's new

New Years Eve Photo Trip

Chris Stegner

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
481
Reaction score
2
Location
Ft. Thomas, KY
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For the second year in a row, I've headed out on New Years Eve for a photo trip. My day started at 7:15 am going high up on a Northern Kentucky hill shooting panoramics of the early morning sun on Cincinnati, I then headed out to the country. The day started out a a nasty gray day, and I thought... What the hell am I doing out here?

Long story (about 250 miles worth) short, the day was on and off gray and blue. One day I'd like to see a thread of "Who can make the best of a crapy day".

Since it is New Years Eve and I've been gone all day my wife won't let me stay home tonight and edit, so I'm headed off to a New Years party, but I wanted to share this one and get some feedback.

I shot it on color, and didn't get a decent exposure so I messed with a B&W version. I know it's grainy, but it sort of gives me the old TriX look. What do you guys think? Does the grain bother you? I ould love some feedback.

Thanks to everyone here on TPF, I love this place, I appreciate the friendship all you fellow photogs share. More of today's trip to come...

And Happy New Year to All!

IMG_0137-Cropped-ForWeb.jpg
 
What an amazing mood here
 
Since I'm too little familiar with B&W film brands, the remark about the TriX look doesn't really mean that much to me, but the atmosphere you captured is exactly like I would expect a grey day to be like! The distortion is a bit on the heavy side, was it 10mm you used? 12? 14?
 
I like it. The really dark spot on the left takes a little bit away in my eyes- maybe it can be cropped out, or maybe you like it there.
 
Thanks for the feedback. The film type I referred to was Kadak's TriX. I haven't used film for years, but I used to use it a lot years back. It was rated at 400 asa and had a very distinct grain to it. As for the lens, I used my new Sigma 12-24, and yes it may be a tad extreme, but what the heck... that's what I bought it for. Thanks again!
 
well it would be better if you capture fireworks
 
Looks like something from Chernobyl. Very nice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom