New Years Eve Photo Trip

Chris Stegner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bluegrassphotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For the second year in a row, I've headed out on New Years Eve for a photo trip. My day started at 7:15 am going high up on a Northern Kentucky hill shooting panoramics of the early morning sun on Cincinnati, I then headed out to the country. The day started out a a nasty gray day, and I thought... What the hell am I doing out here?

Long story (about 250 miles worth) short, the day was on and off gray and blue. One day I'd like to see a thread of "Who can make the best of a crapy day".

Since it is New Years Eve and I've been gone all day my wife won't let me stay home tonight and edit, so I'm headed off to a New Years party, but I wanted to share this one and get some feedback.

I shot it on color, and didn't get a decent exposure so I messed with a B&W version. I know it's grainy, but it sort of gives me the old TriX look. What do you guys think? Does the grain bother you? I ould love some feedback.

Thanks to everyone here on TPF, I love this place, I appreciate the friendship all you fellow photogs share. More of today's trip to come...

And Happy New Year to All!

IMG_0137-Cropped-ForWeb.jpg

Since I'm too little familiar with B&W film brands, the remark about the TriX look doesn't really mean that much to me, but the atmosphere you captured is exactly like I would expect a grey day to be like! The distortion is a bit on the heavy side, was it 10mm you used? 12? 14?

I like it. The really dark spot on the left takes a little bit away in my eyes- maybe it can be cropped out, or maybe you like it there.

Thanks for the feedback. The film type I referred to was Kadak's TriX. I haven't used film for years, but I used to use it a lot years back. It was rated at 400 asa and had a very distinct grain to it. As for the lens, I used my new Sigma 12-24, and yes it may be a tad extreme, but what the heck... that's what I bought it for. Thanks again!

well it would be better if you capture fireworks

Looks like something from Chernobyl. Very nice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back