New York - attempts at "street photography"

there all amazing.. nice work like usual. these pictures are deep and there body language make them deeper. thanks for re-sharing lol

those are great shots!

how come there are only black people and no other races? chance?

those are great shots!

how come there are only black people and no other races? chance?

because many places in ny are still racial sectioned. exspecially brooklyn and the bronx. im from nyc myself and i personally live in a black neighborhood well im italian and get fights,greef, and b/s all the time.

From my point of view, as a German tourist to the city, it was a matter of coincidence only. The story is that we had missed the one bus to JFK Airport by a hair's bredth and had to park ourselves at that bus stop for some 20 minutes waiting for the next to come. And I simply made the best out of the opportunity and place. I did not move around at all (as in taking many steps to go here or there), only did I point the camera either up the road in that direction or the other. And I assume that, yes, the majority of people who live there and go about their daily lives are black. It is so ...

wow! Corinna... your work is awesome! I loved the pic 6... everyone is talking about the number 7... but I see only 6 :( maybe my browser didn't load everything... for me the number 6 is the gang... great shot

Santiserv ... when I "revived" this thread for "kalmkidd" (it was first posted in April 2006, and then put back up the day before yesterday), I had to replace the photos, i.e. put them back onto my photo server's site, and from memory, and on my own CD I only found these six that today, one and a half years later, I deemed worthy enough to show up again. So the numbers the EARLY commenters refer to no longer correspond with the numbers that YOU see NOW. There used to be 8 photos, now there are only 6. So nothing wrong with your server.

And I am glad you like these photos. I wish I had a further chance to take photos of the kind, but here I am, stuck in my little place in the middle of nowhere, far, far from street scenes such as these... ah well...

From my point of view, as a German tourist to the city, it was a matter of coincidence only. The story is that we had missed the one bus to JFK Airport by a hair's bredth and had to park ourselves at that bus stop for some 20 minutes waiting for the next to come. And I simply made the best out of the opportunity and place. I did not move around at all (as in taking many steps to go here or there), only did I point the camera either up the road in that direction or the other. And I assume that, yes, the majority of people who live there and go about their daily lives are black. It is so ...

oh. maybe i should ask where in nyc these were taken?

:lol:I thought it was illegal to take photos of people that didn't allow it...:lol:

But I like how you chouse black and white the contrast in all of them is awsome. I like the last one of the gangsters

Im really happy to see you move into a new direction and try something you used to be so shy about !!!! thats cool.

very interesting shots. Your focus, or slight blur will dwindle the more you shoot on the street. !! Very nice .

beauty

#2 is my fave

Spiffybeth: we were at the end of Line 3 "New Lots Ave" in Queens, from where we had to wait for the Airport Bus to come and take us to JFK Airport (see here: http://olinloa.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/new-york-big-subway.gif ). We had not wanted to lug around our bags too much, so took the 3 from 86 Ave right through.

And Joey: My husband did not like me to take photos of the gangsters, at all. He was appalled, and very frightened they might come round the bus stop shelter any time now to rob me of my gear or some such thing. Never happened.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back