Newb with a camera; C & C please.

maulrat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Low light and bright backgrounds are a little tough. Perhaps it's time for me to invest in a speedlite. C&C please. Thanks in advance.

403814048_kGoTq-M.jpg

403814251_DLYTG-L.jpg

403813388_7AmHq-M.jpg

390643354_cPxAB-L.jpg

403814186_JAgSV-M.jpg

I think you are over processing. The editing you've done doesn't add anything, at least not to my eyes. Even with out a speedlight, you can use your pop-up flash for fill outdoors without having to worry about the negative effects that you are used to with the pop.

I think you are over processing. The editing you've done doesn't add anything, at least not to my eyes.

Just on a side note, #3 and #4 I was trying to get a sort of cartoonish look.

Just on a side note, #3 and #4 I was trying to get a sort of cartoonish look.

I don't mind processing, at all, I only get picky about it when it comes to people.

Were you using Topaz Adjust (or whatever it's called)?
I get this effect if I run my pics through lightzone and up the local contrast a LOT and then if I put them through a filter called "Crisp" or "Hard".

I have to watch myself when I do this, though, because the treatment can cause a distracting halo around the person (like in your last one), and can make the skin look HORRID.
Yours didn't give the skin a death look to it, but they (3 and 4) look too contrasty which really brings out the lines and causes them to look, well, greasy.

Most reactions

Back