Newb

Jonesy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been browsing the forums for the past week, learning a few things, and enjoying looking at all the great art. I recently purchased a Nikon D80 with a Sigma 18-200 lens, so I'm going through a steep learning curve. I previously had a Konica-Minolta Z20, that I really enjoyed taking photos with, but I just outgrew.

I mainly shoot motocross, car shows, some scenery and sunsets, and a bunch of candid family and friend pics. I am going to try to do some portrait photography, but I don't think I can boss strangers around, plus I don't really have the artistic eye for objects that move, I would rather work with inanimate objects.

My next great hurdle I need to overcome is purchasing and learning to use photoshop, so I can do some type of post processing.

I hope to share a little and learn a lot.

Jonesy

Welcome to the forum Jonesy.

I guess you've noticed already since you've been browsing that there's plenty of people here to help you out. Have fun and enjoy!

Welcome aboard.

I just bought Photoshop Elements for $50 at Best Buy (on sale from $100) and it has a LOT to work with. not all you'd get with the pro version but it's worked great for me so far! gonna take awhile to learn everything though, i suggest a photoshop book other than the manual =)

Most reactions

Back