Newbie - A couple shots

MelodySoul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got my first DSLR today and I'm so excited! I got a Nikon D200 (used) with a 18-135mm lens. I took a couple shots but I have a lot to learn! Here are the best from today (unedited straight off the camera).
Any comments are appreciated! :mrgreen:

DSC_1829.jpg

DSC_1833.jpg

DSC_1836.jpg

All nice shots. They all look a touch dark- particularly the first one... can you just increase the exposure a touch, perhaps?

It also looks like it may be a touch out of focus? It's a bummer because I think I like the textures of that one the most... looks like it would be a very neat visual.

Quick PP on the first one:

dsc1829poopstainsxe1.jpg

They look good for straight out of the camera. They could stand a little bit of PP tho. I like what ANDS did with the first photo.

Thanks for the comments! :) I know they need PP but I wanted to show my work without because I think it's the best way to learn. I actually love editing photos so much (and consider myself pretty good at it) that I'm trying to stay away from it a little bit with my own work for now and learn to produce the best work I can with just my camera. I just don't want to rely on PP too much in the learning phase, you know?

Most reactions

Back