newbie here with a couple questions.

photonewbie86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all I'm a beginner at photography I really prefer outdoor photography I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions because I have no idea on waht kind of camera I need or want. And the other question is does anyone know of any books on photography for beginners? Help is GREATLY appreciated :D and thanks in advance :D

Hey all I'm a beginner at photography I really prefer outdoor photography I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions because I have no idea on waht kind of camera I need or want. And the other question is does anyone know of any books on photography for beginners? Help is GREATLY appreciated :D and thanks in advance :D

I would recommend Bryan Peterson's books. He has several, from basic to advanced. "Understanding Exposure" is one of my favorites, but he has several more. You might check out Amazon.Com, Barnes & Nobel, or even Ebay for more of his titles.

I'm sure that there are a plethora of great books out there by other author's, also, but I've found Peterson's books will get you up to speed, or back up to speed, which ever is applicable, at least in my experience, fairly quickly.

Good luck...maybe some others will chime in with other good suggestions.

J.:mrgreen:

As for equipment, two things: start simple, and start large.
What i mean is if you want good outdoor photography, you will need a good camera, with large glass. Also something fast. (Youll learn about that later)
ake your time and enjoy it that most. There is so much to learn first, then go out and concoure the world. but first.. just start simple.

Most reactions

Back