Newbie Needs Help

ScratchFS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am experianced with high end digital cameras and digital video camcorders.

I am interested in upgrading to a digital SLR camera. What is an entry level camera that is user friendly and high quality?

Also I have many lenses, with 58mm thread, that if possible, I would like to use on the new camera.

Umm...what are the make of the lenses.

And id suggest a Nikon D70...although im a cannon lover, there is no doubt the D70 is better :)

Welcome to the forum.

First off...I don't know what Atemis is talking about. The D70 is a good camera but is not "better than Canon" in general. It may be better than some models but definitely not as good as others.

What kind of high end digital cameras are you experienced with? I wouldn't consider anything that was not a DSLR to be high end. Excluding some sort of specialty camera.

The front runners for entry level DSLR are the Canon Digital Rebel, Nikon D70 and maybe the Pentax *ist D. Both the Canon & Pentax have new upgraded models coming in the very near future. (Digital Rebel XT & *ist D S ).

You can compare the cameras side by side at www.dpreview.com

When you say that you have many lenses with a 58mm thread...are theses lens adapters / filter type lenses? As in something you would screw onto the front of another lens? If so, you will be able to use them with just about any SLR camera...you just have to have a lens with 58mm front threads...or even just a stepping ring from the size of threads on any lens.

Most reactions

Back