Newbie Photographer: 3 Compositions

Moondog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Konichiwa everyone. I've been browsing this forum curisly for a while, trying to pull-in techniques and styles of photography. I'v ejust started takeing pictures of my own, got myself a digital camera. Sony DSC-F707. I'd rather have a analoge(right word?) film camera, so i have more control over exposure and lenses, heh, but the camera i wanted was 10 times more costly then this one. Oh well, when i get better, i'll invest in a more suitable camera.

Heres three compositions i've done. tell me what ya think. I'll probably repost each in the critique board to get feedback. I need all the feedback i can get. Thanks in advance.

Top:
2212suchi_top.jpg

Soda Mess:
2212soda_mess.jpg

Red Strings:
2212red_strings.jpg

i'm not as found of color photos as i am black and white ones. I think you can do a lot more, and express a lot more emotion in a picture if it's black and white. Colors fun too...but dont expect many of my pictures to be in color.

thnxs

Moondog

They're all nice. I don't like the first one so much because I can't see what it is although you tell us. I personally wouldn't even count it as an abstract. But that's me.

I like the second one the best, except the same out in front, it's bothering me. I feel like it needs to move over to be more even. But again, thats me ;)

As for the guitar, I like it cause I did one like it while I was in school, yet I don't care so much for the same reason.

I have one just like the last one :)

guitar_graphisdesign.jpg

heh, i dont like even pics...i like pics that are radical and out of place...and the center of attention isn't the center. I feel if the center of attention is in the center, it's not a good composition...well, thats me as well:)

thnxs for comments. I thought the first one was the better one, cuase I tried to use a lot of negative space to make the picture stand out, and bring your eye around the whole picture.

more comments welcome.

so, would you say pretty good for a first try by a person whos never picked up a camera before in his life?;)

Moondog

Im not really a fan of the first one either. For me it tends to have lighting issues, so it looks dark.

The second one, I just dont find the cans very interesting - it might be the spacing between the cans, but once I saw it, I thought I had seen ALL of it and I was ready to move on to the next.

Out of all three, I think the third is your best shot. Despite the fact that its really centered, it seems to work for me being in the middle.

Great attempts, and keep the work up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back