Newbie Photographer - Introducing Myself :)

graecyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.littlelamplight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all!

I just wanted to write a quick introduction post. I've only been dabbling in photography for the last few months, but recently decided I wanted to take it up, at the very least, as a 'serious hobby' if not more. I just moved back to the United States after spending 6 months in the UK (where I decided I wanted to take photography seriously) and am now settled enough to begin really... honing my skills and digging my feet in!

A little about me... My name's Graecyn! I'm a 27 year old, happily self-employed graphic designer, illustrator, texture artist and 3d modeler (Autodesk Maya) by trade. I often find myself in need of stock and reference photos, which is why I picked up photography in the first place. However, now that I've gotten my feet wet and really taken an interest in it, I'd like to take it to the next level and start really making use of the photos I take and the skills I know I can still learn.

I own a Canon EOS Rebel T1i, and four lenses currently:
Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM Medium telephoto lens
Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro telephoto zoom lens
and the Kit lens - EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS.

I've been debating the purchase of my next lens. I'd really love a good macro lens or wide angle lens. I am debating the purchase of either the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM lens or the Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Ultra Wide Angle lens. I can't decide which to buy at the moment though!

Anyway! I look forward to being an active participant in the forums! And, of course, picking up what I can about the craft and growing amongst such a great group of undoubtedly talented photographers! :) I think the area I hope to grow in the most is... seeing more creatively. Composition and the like. I have learned a lot about composition, the rule of thirds, the golden section, et al with my current profession(s), however I know it is still an area I can improve in.

I'll leave you with this - my favorite photo from the past few days: a friend of mine's dog, taken with the 85mm lens (which I only just purchased last week):

40441_446768634461_570459461_5987988_2217200_n.jpg

Most reactions

Back