newbie question ?

benrock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i got a canon 50d with a 17-85 and a 70-200 , do i need uv filters or any lens protection ?

thanks

Any and all lenses should have UV Filters. Rain can hit the lens and there are chemicals in the rain that will and do eat at the glass. More common are scratches; let those happen to the filters. And if you get rid of a lens and the filter is still good, you can re-use it.

-Nick

is that 70-200 one of the L series?

If so, then the lens hood should work just as effectively. You may also want to consider if you want to spend the big money for nice glass, and then put another piece of inferior glass in front of it.

is that 70-200 one of the L series?

If so, then the lens hood should work just as effectively. You may also want to consider if you want to spend the big money for nice glass, and then put another piece of inferior glass in front of it.

There are different levels of filters. Regardless, all lenses should have a filter. Most of my lenses are over $1,000. I'll pay $100 on a filter to protect the glass any day and every day.

Come on guys, were are the pros here? This is a no-brainer and I'm the only one giving advice.

-Nick

There are different levels of filters. Regardless, all lenses should have a filter. Most of my lenses are over $1,000. I'll pay $100 on a filter to protect the glass any day and every day.

Come on guys, were are the pros here? This is a no-brainer and I'm the only one giving advice.

-Nick
Not a pro but your right. There are all different levels of filters.

Most reactions

Back