Newbie: What to shoot?

When you get up tomorrow, do not even leave your room. Look at your bed, bedding, pillows, window, parts of your window. How is the light affecting each and every aspect of your room. Doors, door knobs, closet, lighting fixuture, molding, flooring, walls, top corner, lower corner. The different lines in your room created from all parts of the items in the room. If you are diligent, you may even get to stop for lunch.
Learn your camera settings to see how they affect what you see.

Take this newly formed insight and use it where ever you may be.

Good luck, have fun and be safe.

The photo's on the wiki page you linked to show a lot of buildings that I think would interesting to photograph.

Maybe what you are lacking is a sense of what you want to say with your photographs? Sometimes we shoot random things and make them interesting and that's a lot of fun. But other times, we need MEANING in our photographs and a sense of saying something. Maybe look inwards briefly before you look outward and you may see your subject more clearly.

Judging by the pictures tagged on Flickr, there's plenty of interesting things to photograph.

Resistencia, Chaco - Flickr: Search

Yeah, i clicked that link and I saw just what I was expecting: photos of the sculptures. I don't really like that. Every time someone mentions this city, it's about the sculptures. These are OK, but... i guess they're not my thing.

Maybe what you are lacking is a sense of what you want to say with your photographs? Sometimes we shoot random things and make them interesting and that's a lot of fun. But other times, we need MEANING in our photographs and a sense of saying something. Maybe look inwards briefly before you look outward and you may see your subject more clearly.
I think what i mean is that this city isn't inspiring :lol:

I went to Buenos Aires in April, and there were SO many things to take photos of! Even random snapping in full-auto gives you something like this:

Puente de la Mujer | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Anyway I had to walk home today and I was looking for interesting things. Saw a lot of plants it would be nice to make macro shots of. A house with nothing but a single flower pot.

I'm not really the kind of artist that gives meaning to things, sorry. I have a major in Systems Analysis. :lol: I just take pics of things I find pretty - lol i think that means I'm not really an artist!

Man not one city is boring, or lame. Every single town somewhere has something interesting that you can capture. I take one look at your city and i'd love to go there to take some nice shots. Get creative go out with your camera have both lenses with you and see what catches your eye. Be creative!

Couple reading recommendations... Learning to See Creatively by Bryan Peterson... and Visual Poetry by Chris Orwig. Both will help you get "out of the box" and find creative things to take pics of.

I basically agree with the other posts. Look for different textures and angles on common things you might not pay attention to on a day to day basis. Also, consider sunsets and sunrises from different areas and angles. You will never get the exact same shot. Nature is awesome.
Keith
Easy Basic Photography

I'm not really the kind of artist that gives meaning to things, sorry. I have a major in Systems Analysis. :lol: I just take pics of things I find pretty - lol i think that means I'm not really an artist!
Yeah, that's too bad, because it's when you stop taking purdy pictures of purdy things and look to the ordinary and see the potential there that photography becomes interesting.

After all, they're just stupid peppers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back