marc1979

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I'm new to photography. I'm planning on enrolling next year in the photography program at the local tech college. Right now I'm using a Kodak KD710 digital. I'm waiting on my Dad to find his old Yashica Electro-X, SLR for me to use. Here a few shots from Disney's Animal Kingdom taken earlier this year with the Kodak. Any pointers, advice, Tips will be greatly appreciated.

100_0229.jpg

100_0184.jpg

To be fair, I don't think that comments on these images would be all that beneficial. You're shooting with a P&S, and are somewhat limited in the control you have over the image. Further, in an animal park you generally don't have the luxury of moving here or there to get a better image. I would suggest shooting a series of 3-4 images of subjects over which you have greater control, say a person, a landscape, and a couple of still-life types. That will allow us to give more useful feedback on such things as compsition, lighting, etc.

exactly what tirediron said. With the added bit that its not the camera that makes the photographer. Its the eye behind the photographer. It looks like you chose fairly interesting subjects. A great start. Develop that along with the skills you will need to manually capture the moment that only you can see.

thanks for the feedback. Eventually I'll end up with a Canon rebel, or a Nikon D40. But for now, this will have to do. danged "inflated transportation prices" :grumpy: Still waiting on my dad to find his old Yashica for me to use. I'll try shooting still-life objects with it, and the kodak.

Most reactions

Back