Newbiee Needs Help w Kodak Z812is Trouble

riddermark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i probably need an idiot's guide to photography.
that's another thing. this is what i want to know ...
been using kodak z812is for a year on its orig setting.
cousin tried to manipulate settings a few days ago.
and now the flash opens up but wont work. have
set it back to factory setting (i guess back to orig)
still no flash.:(
what could be the problem? can the flash bulb be replaced?
need inputs. thanks!

Do you know how to discharge high voltage capacitors?

It's not likely to be a bad bulb but a camera setting you missed. Do you still have the users manual? That's always a good resource.

no i dont know how to discharge high voltage capacitors.
m really an idiot on this. hope i could still find the manual.
help on how to do it (discharging) ?
would appreciate it v much!

no i dont know how to discharge high voltage capacitors.
m really an idiot on this. hope i could still find the manual.
help on how to do it (discharging) ?
would appreciate it v much!

I think KmH was being a bit facetiuos about the discharging. ;) Your best bet is to locate the owner manual, if you don't have it, search online. Google your camera make and model plus owners manual. Most companies provide downlodable versions of product manuals. Once you have a maual to look at, find out how to put the camera back to its factory defaults and you should be fine. I think as KmH stated , you probably missed one of the settings.;)

thanks for the replies!
yes i tried searching for the manual in the net but nothing is said further about resetting flash or flash malfunction. have set it to its factory defaults, still problem is unsolved. it will probably need me to send it to service center which we know would cost too much!:(

thanks for the replies!
yes i tried searching for the manual in the net but nothing is said further about resetting flash or flash malfunction. have set it to its factory defaults, still problem is unsolved. it will probably need me to send it to service center which we know would cost too much!:(

Try taking it into your nearest camera shop. Tell them you lost the owners manual. Tell them exactly what happened and ask if they might know what the problem is. The worst that can happen is they tell you they can't help you. Second worst, will be they tell you to send it for repair at which time you simply say you'll have to wait till you have the funds. No harm in trying and you might get lucky. ;) Good luck.

You could try removing the battery for 24 hours and see if that does the trick. I had a Z712 that had some weird stuff going on. I, too, tried resetting to factory defaults and nada. I removed the battery as suggested by a forum user and, voila... Of course, I had to reset the time & date but the camera never malfunctioned again.

Most reactions

Back