Newborn CC and a few questions.

TheTiffanyStudio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im brand new to this forum I've gotta say from what I've seen this place is great. I would like any CC about these newborn photos. Lighting? Pose? Do you like the Softer or sharper ones? Then my other question i have been trying to get the pose to work where you put their hands under their chin and prop that up so it looks like their up on their hands. Hard to describe hum like /\ that and the head is on top. Perched. If anyone has any tips for that im dying to get a shot like that. Thank you.
5.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

Sorry the images are so large. The thing said 600x800. I will go smaller next time :D

The first photo is simply adorable. It ties together nicely with the mother's hand and wedding ring in the last shot. You studio name in 3 and 4 is so huge that it's quite intrusive. Nice B&W tones.

The first photo is simply adorable. It ties together nicely with the mother's hand and wedding ring in the last shot. You studio name in 3 and 4 is so huge that it's quite intrusive. Nice B&W tones.
Thanks, Sorry with the logo I had it Huge on my facebook so the mama wouldnt cut my name out. lol.

Thanks, This shoot took forever. I think it was like 3 and a half hours. New mom, little bit older baby. I should have just taken over from the start. I didnt want to step on her toes. I did learn one thing I will always from now on bring a NUK pacifier even if mom doesnt want it I will bring a new one in the package, tell her if she wants miracle shots then we will use it and when i leave she can throw the pacifier away. Some times the photographer (a veteran mom of three under 4 years old) knows better! lol.

All of them are awesome. Good job.

Wow, Thank you everyone I was thinking I was going to get some comments like, fix this, lighting that, etc. Thank you. Im one of those that has a hard time not picking my own stuff apart. Or thinking im not as good as the next.

I like them.
Did you shoot these indoors?
If so, what camera/lens/lighting did you use?

Also, why bring a pacifier? My kids never took one and I would actually be kind of miffed if the photog suggested I use one.... lol

My kids never used one, but it wasn't for lack of trying on my part! :D I don't see a problem with giving them one for a few hours for a photoshoot if it's to get -the- shot.

Yes These were shot indoors in their kitchen with strobes. I use a softbox and another strobe with umbrella. The camera is my old Canon 10D and the lens is from an old film camera hence the softness I would have to go look to see what lens it actually was. The pacifier thing. Well see if the baby is almost asleep it's easier to use the paci to get them there already in position. I am a breastfeeding mama so Im all for it but it's easier to pull a paci then a boob lol when the baby is on the beanbag. I wouldnt use the paci unless baby is having a hard time. And this one was he was almost 4 weeks and was in that eating every 30 min growing period and we aggrivated that by moving him and posing him. If they were really against it i wouldnt push it. It's your babies and your photos.

My kids never used one, but it wasn't for lack of trying on my part! :D I don't see a problem with giving them one for a few hours for a photoshoot if it's to get -the- shot.

Thanks thats what i was trying to say.

#3 is my personal favorite... Very nice,

You're watermark/overlay thingy is really distracting.. But the photo is great...

Thank You. Sorry everyone about the watermark but I took it off the site that my clients look at. I want it to be hard for them to get it off if their going to steal it. Or if they do copy it they cant crop it out.

New Topics

Back